Zuri comes from an African background. She has frizzy black hair with dark skin and a very cute face. She is very fun to be around. She can be seen constantly wearing frilly tutus and tiaras as well as different costumes varying from Indian saris to bows and casual outfits. She is also known for having different coversations with her imaginary friends, Milly the Mermaid and Chubby the Bear.
Zuri is the most loving, imaginative, yet sassy girl you will ever meet. She loves her siblings but also enjoys causing mischief as well. She is highly creative and imaginative and has a hard time separating fact from fiction, brought to light by her array of imaginary friends and pets. She often blames things on her brother, Luke. She has a very close-knit relationship with her older sister Emma Ross. She has a good brother-sister relationship with Ravi Ross. She also really wants a pony. She is always having fun if it is with a real or a pretend person. Zuri also kinda thinks about herself she always thinks she is on top means she thinks she is better than her older sister... She can show herself very spoiled, selfish and egocentric, and shows no remorse for it. She has no respect for her nany or butler, as well as her older siblings.
- In "New York, New Nanny", Zuri asks Jessie to be her and her sibling's new nanny after the old nanny runs off. Although Jessie doesn't accept the offer, she still gets hired to do the job. She, along her siblings, try to run away from Jessie to get their parents' attention.
- In The Talented Mr. Kipling Jessie takes the kids out to the park and Zuri insists there is a girl named Genevive who calls her a mean name. She has Jessie handle the problem, but when she finds out it's an imaginary girl; Jessie might just need to be a little imaginative to solve the problem. Zuri is also seen being very sassy to Mrs. Chesterfield, a grumpy old lady who lives in the building.
- In Used Karma, she is seen pranking Ravi along with Luke throughout the episode.
- In Zombie Tea Party 5, she invites Emma to her tea party, but things go wrong when Emma ditches her for her other friend.
- In Zuri's New Old Friend, Zuri makes a new friend who isn't imaginary, Nana Banana.
- In Creepy Connie Comes a Callin', she believes that Ravi can predict the future (although not at first).
- In Star Wars, Zuri helps Luke steal some of Jordan Taylor's belongings to sell. Zuri also reaveals she likes country music.
- In "Are You Cooler Than a 5th Grader?", she sells lemonade in the lobby of their apartment building. Jessie helps her. She also sells very spicy cookies and Ravi sells them glasses of milk to drink up.
- In "Take the A-Train... I Think?", Zuri goes with Jessie, Ravi, and Emma to the cultural fair for Emma's social studies assignment for Battery Park.
- In "Romancing the Crone", Zuri helps Jessie shoot a video about her life in the city, and to emphasize her city life, Zuri gives Jessie a tiara to wear while shooting the video. She accidentally drops it into Mrs. Chesterfield's pool, and helps Jessie retrieve it while Bertram "asks" her to dinner at their penthouse.
- In "The Princess and the Pea Brain", Zuri does not like Jessie's date, Brody, because Jessie is already in love with Tony, their building's doorman. Normally, Jessie tells Zuri a bedtime story, but Zuri tells it this time, explaining in her story that Brody shouldn't date Jessie, and that she should stay with Tony.
- Her birthday is in October, and she was brought home in April.
- Zuri is very sassy and her personality is similar to that of the title character's in the Roxy Hunter movie franchise. Her usual quote is "Heck to the no!"
- Her favorite topping on an ice cream is caramel, and she has at least once mistaken the word 'Karma' for 'caramel' (Used Karma).
- She blames global warming for everything bad that happens.
- She can be bribed with candy.
- Due to her young age, she still believes in the Easter Bunny.
- Has cable TV.
- She was in the 2nd grade in Season 1. But then in Make New Friends, But Hide the Old, she entered the 3rd grade.
- She likes country music, especially Rascal Flatts , Carrie Underwood and Lady Antebellum.
- She takes piano lessons, but hasn't learned anything because her teacher tells her about her break-up.
- She is a major Tessie shipper, considering she started it.
- She wants to marry Chubby the bear.
- Her name is the almost the same as Tom Cruise's daughter, Suri.
- Has called Mr. Kipling an "Over-Grown Gecko" In Glue Dunnit: A Sticky Situation.
- Zuri is very silly, but sometimes can be serious.
- She goes all crazy when she eats cake.
- Her godfather is Johnny Depp.
- She found Jessie on the street and once called her a "street nanny"
- Both she and Luke were adopted the same year.
- Jessie kind of thinks that Zuri is getting older and the sign of Milly the Mermaid dying was a sign of her getting rid of her imaginary friends.
- It is revealed that her full name is Zuri Zenobia Ross.
- It is shown that Zuri is good at writing songs.
- She said Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo in two epsiodes one in Used Karma the quote was (Like Cinderella, before the Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo). And in Say Yes to the Messy Dress (Bibbidi Bobbidi Bam!) but in a different way. Meaning she watch Cinderella before.