Young Macintosh is confident in himself and his abilities to the point of arrogance. He is also (like his father) prone to acting melodramatic and does not react well to failure, or even being second best. However, Young Macintosh is otherwise a nice person, shown by his loyalty to his father, and his apparent friendship with Young MacGuffin and Wee Dingwall.
As the heir to the Clan Macintosh, Young Macintosh became one of the three suitors for Princess Merida. During his introduction, he showed his bravado by expertly maneuvering with his sword, then flexing while striking a pose to impress Merida, though she was plainly disgusted by him. He took place in the archery contest, and threw a temper tantrum after missing the bullseye.
Later, during Merida's speech to the Lords about letting their children decide their own fate, Young Macintosh was the first suitor to agree wholeheartedly with the princess' idea. He took part with King Fergus in (unwittingly) hunting down Queen Elinor in her bear form, and was present when she returned to human form.
At the end of the film, he said goodbye to the other clans.
Set approximately 10 years after the events of Brave, Macintosh is the Lord of his clan. After Merida fails to save her father, King Fergus, from being killed, he unites and leads the clans with the new Lords Dingwall and MacGuffin. They kidnap Harris, Hubert and Hamish and give Merida an ultimatum, the Lords will kill the brothers unless she abdicates from her throne. When Merida refuses to relinquish the crown, the Lords aim fire at the triplets, but are stopped by Merida who is able to save them from her. Macguffin then backs down along with the other Lords and give Merida back her crown.
- Young Macintosh and his father, Lord Macintosh were named after a series of personal computers (PCs) designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc and which was introduced by Apple's then-chairman Steve Jobs, the chief executive of Pixar Animation Studios, who became a member of the board of directors of The Walt Disney Company in 2006, when Disney acquired Pixar.
- His arm is bedecked in Pictish Woad paint, like his father.
- Young Macintosh was played by Egyptian Pop star Amro El Meligyin the (Arabic) Middle East version of the film.
- Young Macintosh may be Ambidextrous.
- Unlike the other two suitors (who have blonde hair) Young Macintosh's hair is brown.
- Of all the suitors, he appears to be the favorite of all the young maidens in the village, who squeal everytime he steps up.