Young Macintosh is confident in himself and his abilities to the point of arrogance. He is also (like his father) prone to acting melodramatic and does not react well to failure, or even being second best. However, Young Macintosh is otherwise a nice person, shown by his loyalty to his father, and his apparent friendship with Young MacGuffin and Wee Dingwall.
Role in the Film
As the heir to the Clan Macintosh, Young Macintosh became one of the three suitors for Princess Merida. During his introduction, he showed his bravado by expertly maneuvering with his sword, then flexing while striking a pose to impress Merida, though she was plainly disgusted by him. He took place in the archery contest, and threw a temper tantrum after missing the bullseye.
Later, during Merida's speech to the Lords about letting their children decide their own fate, Young Macintosh was the first suitor to agree wholeheartedly with the princess' idea. He took part with King Fergus in (unwittingly) hunting down Queen Elinor in her bear form, and was present when she returned to human form.
At the end of the film, he said goodbye to the other clans.
- Young Macintosh and his father, Lord Macintosh were named after a series of personal computers (PCs) designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc and which was introduced by Apple's then-chairman Steve Jobs, the chief executive of Pixar Animation Studios; who became a member of the board of directors of The Walt Disney Company in 2006, when Disney acquired Pixar.
- Young Macintosh was played by Egyptian Pop star Amro El Meligyin the (Arabic) Middle East version of the film.
- Young Macintosh may be Ambidextrous.
- Young Macintoshs Weapons: Sword, Bow and arrow, and Spear.
- Young Macintosh May Have a Mom (Lady Macintosh).
- Young Macintosh May have younger Brothers or Sisters or both.
Brave | The Legend of Mor'du | Soundtrack | Brave (video game) | Brave (Little Golden Book) | Brave: Ultimate Sticker Book | Brave: The Essential Guide | Temple Run: Brave
Characters: Princess Merida | King Fergus | Queen Elinor | Harris, Hubert and Hamish | Angus | Lord MacGuffin | Lord Macintosh | Lord Dingwall | Mor'du | Maudie | Young MacGuffin | Young Macintosh | Wee Dingwall | The Witch | The Crow | Will O' the Wisps | Martin | Gordon | Huge Warrior | The Ancient King | The Three Brothers