Despite his great size and greater strength, Young MacGuffin is a calm, gentle and very shy lad. He speaks in an uncommon Scottish dialect that is incomprehensible to most, so his father must reiterate on his behalf.
Role in the Film
As the oldest son of Lord MacGuffin, Young MacGuffin became one of the three suitors for Princess Merida. During his introduction, he proved his strength by snapping a log with his bare hands, but it was clear that he was uncomfortable being in front of an audience. He had dinner with Merida's two other suitors, Young Macintosh and Wee Dingwall, but excused himself to join King Fergus' bear-hunt through the castle.
Later, during Merida's speech to the Lords about letting their children decide their own fate, Young MacGuffin admitted to his father how unfair he thought the engagement competition was to them and Merida. He took part in (unwittingly) hunting down Queen Elinor in her bear form, and was present when she returned to human form.
At the end of the film, he said goodbye to the other clans, during which he accidently pushed Young Macintosh off the dock.
- According to his voice actor, Kevin McKidd, Young MacGuffin was going to be the suitor Merida chose before it was decided that she would remain single. However in an intereview with McKidd, he mentioned that Young Macguffin, did in fact like Merida romantically.
- On a related note, in a scene that was later cut, Merida shows interest in him, but was disappointed that she couldn’t understand him.
- The dilect he speaks in is known as Doric, traditionally spoken on the North Eastern Coast of Scotland, basically anywhere in between Inverness and Stonehaven. Voice actor Kevin Mckidd had convinced the director to use his home dilect after they wanted him to use a fake language.
- Young MicGuffins Weapons: 2 axes, Bow and Arrow, torch, and a bench.
- Young MicGuffin May have a mom (Lady MicGuffin).
- Young MicGuffin May have younger Brothers or Sisters or both.
- It is unkown if he will learn english.
Brave | The Legend of Mor'du | Soundtrack | Brave (video game) | Brave (Little Golden Book) | Brave: Ultimate Sticker Book | Brave: The Essential Guide | Temple Run: Brave
Characters: Princess Merida | King Fergus | Queen Elinor | Harris, Hubert and Hamish | Angus | Lord MacGuffin | Lord Macintosh | Lord Dingwall | Mor'du | Maudie | Young MacGuffin | Young Macintosh | Wee Dingwall | The Witch | The Crow | Will O' the Wisps | Martin | Gordon | Huge Warrior | The Ancient King | The Three Brothers