- "Abominable! Can you believe that? Do I look abominable to you? Why can't they call me the Adorable Snowman or.... or the Agreeable Snowman, for crying out loud? I'm a nice guy."
- —The Yeti describing himself to Sulley and Mike
The Yeti is a monster who worked at Monsters, Inc. until he got banished (presumably for tampering with mail) to the Himalayas. Despite being banished, he likes living in the human world.
In Monsters, Inc., when Mike Wazowski and Sulley get banished to the wasteland in the Himalayas, the Yeti greets them and makes them feel comfortable in his cave. He also shows himself to be a comedian, such as when he mentions about his friend Bigfoot, who has called himself "King Itchy." When he mentions something about a local village, Sulley, still wanting to help the human child he has accidentally brought into the Monster World, suddenly demands the Yeti to tell if there are any kids in that village so that he will be able to sneak back into the Monster World. However, the Yeti warns Sulley against going out in a blizzard, but Sulley does so anyway.
The Yeti is last seen calling to Sulley that he has made more snow cones (after the lemon ones had been used up as a tossing weapon by Mike), but Sulley either ignores him or is unable to hear him due to speeding down the hill on his makeshift sled.
Yeti appeared at the end of the prequel Monsters University as a Monsters, Inc. employee who introduces Mike and Sulley (then new arrivals) to their jobs as mail sorters. He tells them not to mess with the mail or peek into them, as such acts are punishable by banishment, implying this was the reason he was banished later on.
- He appears during the end credits of Cars as a snowplow when Mack is at the drive-in movie theater.
- Yeti resembles Bumble the Abominable Snowman from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
- The fourth quote Yeti says below was taken from an old jingle for Armour hot dogs.
- It's revealed in Monsters University that Yeti was actually once a mail sorter at the Monsters, Inc. factory, but was banished to the Himalayas for accidentally messing up his job by tampering with the mail. This is also an homage to his voice actor's role as Cliff Clavin the mailman on Cheers.
- In an M.I. book, Mike, Sulley, Boo and Celia take the Yeti back to Monstropolis.
- "Welcome to the Himalayas!"
- "Snow cone? No, no, no, don't worry. It's lemon."
- "Aw, poor guy. I understand. It ain't easy being banished. Take my buddy Bigfoot. When he was banished, he fashioned an enormous diaper out of poison ivy. Wore it on his head like a tiara. Called himself 'King Itchy.'"
- "Wasteland? I think you mean 'Wonderland!' I mean, how about all this fabulous snow, huh? Oh, and wait until you see the local village, cutest thing in the world. I haven't mentioned all the free yak's milk."
- "You wanna go to the village? Okay, rule number one out here: Always...no, never go out in a blizzard."
- "Oh, would you look at that? We're out of snow cones. Let me... just go outside and make some more."
- "Hey, I've got more snow cones!"
- All right, newbies, quit goofing around. I'll have you know tampering with the mail is a crime punishable by banishment!"