Mertle mistakes an experiment for a dog, names her "Gigi" and enters her in a dog show in Honolulu, while Lilo enters Stitch in the same dog show in hopes of beating Mertle and winning her respect and friendship. Stitch, however, has to control his anarchic instincts if he wants to win at all. Everything goes smoothly until Mertle decides to cheat, putting the whole contest in jeopardy. Meanwhile, Jumba and Pleakley go sightseeing around the city and run into Gantu.
- Moral: Everyone deserves friends, but in order to make a friend, you have to be a friend.
- Her episode is named after the nickname Lilo gave her, but she is officially "Gigi" on the experiment name list in Leroy & Stitch.
- Gigi is one of the few known experiments named by someone other than Lilo.
- She is also one of the few known experiments to be rehabilitated by someone other than Lilo and Stitch.
- Her number is a reference to the secret agent number of the legendary James Bond, although this is just a mere coincidence, as Gigi shares no real similarities with James Bond.
- When Stitch drinks coffee, he gains a massive amount of uncontrollable energy, a callback to the first film.
- Nani finally questions Lilo about her wanting to be friends with Mertle and the hula girls, despite how mean they have been to her in the past. Regardless, Lilo claims she wants human friends and that they are the only human kids she knows.
- Pleakley revealed that he was given 28 credit cards, despite not being a citizen, which he spent on transportation, lodging and souvenirs.
- This episode shows how gullible the humans are, as the judges easily fell for Lilo's ridiculous lie about Stitch being the last of a made-up dog breed that doesn't even exist in the universe.
- This is one of three episodes where Stitch is treated like an actual dog, the other two being "Phantasmo" and "Bad Stitch".
- Gigi never spoke in Lilo & Stitch: The Series. However, during the climax of Leroy & Stitch, it is revealed that she can speak English very well and says to Clip, "Nice one, cousin." She then says to Mertle, "Look out!" and pushes her out of the way of a Leroy clone's plasma blast.