Logan appears to be on his wild and volatile side always growling, while on his other side, he shows to be attracted to redheads as he spotted Mary Jane and attempted to flirt with her in Peter's body but failed.
From this wild side also sports a berserker-like rage which he uses as his battle cry to strike fear into his enemies. His fierce attitude often makes other heroes like Spider-Man feel uneasy around him.
He has a habit of calling people "Bub". Logan also easily gets annoyed to the point of being short-tempered
In Ultimate Spider-Man, Wolverine wears a yellow suit with brown accents; his boots, gloves, mask, and upper chest of his costume are all colored brown. He wears a red belt with a gold buckle. The rims of his eyepiece and boots are pointed upward, and his eyes are white with no pupils. Wolverine's mask is only open at his mouth, where beard stubble is visible. He is also shown to have elongated canine fangs. His appearance resembles the appearance of his Earth-616 counterpart, but with a more classic look.
His modern suit has a lighter shade of yellow with dark blue accents instead of brown. The suit is sleeveless and has stripes on the sides of it. The eyepiece is also much more narrow than the Ultimate counterpart. His belt also has an "X" on it to show his affiliation with the X-Men.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: Wolverine is much stronger than a normal human.
- Superhuman Speed: Wolverine can move much faster than a normal human.
- Superhuman Stamina: Wolverine's stamina is superior to that of a normal human's.
- Superhuman Endurance: Wolverine's endurance is superior to that of a normal human's.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Wolverine's reflexes are superior to that of a normal human's.
- Superhuman Agility: Wolverine's agility is superior to that of a normal human's.
- Superhuman Senses: Wolverine is known to possesses extremely acute and heightened senses, allowing him to hear, see, smell, taste and even feel things that no normal human being can. His sight in fact allows him to even see things invisible to the naked eye.
- Accelerated Healing Factor: Wolverine possesses a "healing factor" that allows him to completely regenerate lost and damaged tissue instantaneously. He is also immortal due to such a power.
- Immortality: Wolverine's healing factor has also kept him in the physical prime of a normal man and he has been that way for years and he will never age as a result. According to Wolverine himself, the only way to permanently kill him, is to cut off his head from his body, however due to his bones being infused with adamantium; this would be extremely difficult, if not impossible to achieve as only the cartilage between his vertebrae is unprotected by Adamantium. Moreover, it may not even work, as Deadpool has a similar healing factor and can survive having his head cut off.
- Retractable Bone Claws: Wolverine possesses three retractable razor-sharp claws on each hands; they have become far sharper since being infused with adamantium. When he extends his claws, they emerge right through his skin between his knuckles, and his skin heals over the wounds when they retract back into his hands.
- Master Tactician/Leader: Wolverine is a highly skilled tactician and a capable leader.
- Expert Hand-To-Hand Combatant: Wolverine is extremely skilled in hand-to-hand combat.
- Master Mechanic: Wolverine is the best mechanics in the world.
- Expert Marksman: Wolverine is an extremely skilled marksman.
Weapons and Equipment
- Adamantium Skeleton/Claws: Upon entering the Weapon X program, Wolverine's entire skeletal structure and his natural bone claws were upgraded with Adamantium; which is a virtually indestructible alloy that managed to synthesize. Wolverine is capable of taking even more damage when he is on the offensive because of his skeleton. It can stop bullets, lasers and even mystical weapons such as Mjolnir and energy bolts from Hydra weapons.
- X-Men Uniform: Logan has been seen wearing multiple uniforms of the X-Men and usually wears them on missions and training sessions at the Xavier Institute.
- Motorcycle: Logan's primary transportation is usually a motorcycle, modified to the teeth with special devices.
In this incarnation, Wolverine first appears as James when he joined in World War II as an ally. He joined the Howling Commandos acting under the command of Jack Fury and invaded Red Skull's castle alongside Captain America and Bucky . Sometime after the war ended, he joined the X-Men as Wolverine.
During the Skrull Invasion, he was among the people Nick Fury was suspecting and investigating if they were Skrulls or not.
Wolverine then aided the Avengers to fight the Heralds of Galactus. He battled against the herald Stardust along with the Thing, Wasp, and the Human Torch. He also helped destroy the machine used for devouring the Earth. He later helped the Avengers successfully send Galactus into the Negative Zone. After the fight, he and the other heroes left, leaving the Avengers with civilians who hailed them as Earth's mightiest heroes.
Wolverine arrived in New York to fight other civilians who were mind-controlled by Mesmero. Wolverine believed that Spider-Man was the cause of the civilian's bizarre behavior. Wolverine accidentally cured the bizarre behavior of them and tracked Mesmero was the real cause. Wolverine threatened Mesmero to release the civilians from his control. Wolverine was approached by Nick Fury and got in a discussion with Spider-Man. Before Wolverine left he was remarked by Spider-Man, Wolverine got upset and tried to harm him but Fury stopped him.
The next day, Mesmero switched Peter's and Wolverine's minds. Wolverine was called by Peter where he found out that he switched bodies with Spider-Man. When Sabretooth barged in Logan's apartment, Wolverine explained who he was and told him that he would come over there. Peter persuaded him to stay in school. Wolverine got in touch with his (Parker's) Spider-sense and was angry against Peter's team, beaten Flash Thompson and flirted with Mary Jane Watson. When Peter arrived at school followed by Sabretooth, he told Wolverine to put on his Spider-Man costume. Wolverine objected at first, but, but did so eventually. Together, Wolverine and Spider-Man fought Sabretooth and defeated him.
In the Helicarrier where Mesmero was held, Wolverine advised Peter to focus his powers to control his claws, Spider-Man threatened Mesmero and he putted them back into their bodies. Wolverine back into his own body, told Spider-man that he had a good life and bade farewell with the stolen jet from S.H.I.E.L.D.
Background in other media
- This is Logan's ninth animated appearance as Wolverine. Previous versions include "Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends", "X-Men", "X-Men: Evolution", "Wolverine and the X-Men", "The Super Hero Squad Show", "Black Panther", "Marvel Anime" and "Hulk Vs".
- Wolverine was portrayed in the X-Men movies by Hugh Jackman, who has currently spent the most years playing a major superhero character out of anyone (as he begun in 2000 and is still going). Despite Jackman's wishes to show up as Logan in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, this is currently not possible due to the rights being owned by Fox. Jackman announced that he will retire from Wolverine in 2017 with his last film being "Logan".
- He, Deadpool, Juggernaut, and Sabretooth are the only X-Men characters to appear in any of the Disney XD/Marvel animated shows.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Ultimate Spider-Man Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of Ultimate Spider-Man Wiki is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|