In an interview with Disney Channel's commercial-segment, Disney 365, Selena Gomez discussed her interpretations of the songs on the soundtrack saying: "Disappear is more of a romantic song. It's basically talking about how a girl likes a guy and they [she] don't want him to disappear, and then Magical is about casting a spell on a guy and this song, Magic, ties in to Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie". Although recorded for the episode, "Make It Happen" doesn't appear on the album, for an unknown reason.
In response to the soundtrack, Stephen Thomas Erlewine of Allmusic recognized Wizards for its "teen revamps of boomer classics that parents can enjoy too". He also stated that the album is "agreeable" and that Selena Gomez "inevitably stands out from the pack". However, Erlewine said: "the dang-awful version of America's "You Can Do Magic" by Drew Seeley is sunk by its hyper-claustrophobic rhythms, the biggest rearrangement of a tune here and easily the worst cut."
- Disappear by Selena Gomez - 3:39
- Magical by Selena Gomez - 2:54
- Magic (Originally Recorded by Pilot) by Selena Gomez - 2:49
- Strange Magic by Steve Rushton - 3:19
- Magic (Originally Recorded By The Cars) by Honor Society - 3:51
- Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic by Mitchel Musso - 3:44
- Magic Carpet Ride by Ksm - 2:57
- Magic (Originally Recorded By Olivia Newton-John) by Meaghan Martin - 4:08
- You Can Do Magic by Drew Seeley - 3:34
- Some Call It Magic by Raven-Symoné - 3:13
- Do You Believe In Magic by Aly & AJ - 2:13
- Everything Is Not What It Seems by Selena Gomez - 0:50
Bonus content for the physical CD for Wizards of Waverly Place includes exclusive behind-the-scenes interviews with Gomez and also the new music video for "Magic".