Winter Storage is a 1949 American animated short film produced by Walt Disney Productions and released by RKO Radio Pictures. Part of the Donald Duck series, the film stars Chip 'n' Dale who steal Donald's acorns while he is planting oak trees. It was directed by Jack Hannah and features the voices of Clarence Nash as Donald, and Jimmy MacDonald and Dessie Flynn as Chip and Dale.
Chip and Dale are not able to find enough acorns to store up for the winter. The chipmunks then see Donald Duck, working as a park ranger, beginning to seed a clearing in the oak forest. Seeing his large sack of acorns, they set out to steal it.
After some miscommunication, the chipmunks manage to make off with the entire sack, but Donald easily takes it from them just as they enter the ground entrance to their tree. He then places a box trap (baited with an acorn) which successfully ensnares both chipmunks despite Chip being fully aware of the ruse. While the chipmunks quarrel with each other, Donald looks on amused and provokes them to fight. But when one chipmunk is about to punch the other, that chipmunk dodges aside, and the first chipmunk to punch Donald right in the eye. Needless to say, Donald is really mad now.
Finally the chipmunks see Donald and run for the acorns. Donald stands in front of the tree entrance to keep the acorns from going inside. Chip and Dale then pick up hockey sticks. Using teamwork and natural hockey skills, the chipmunks beat Donald at his favorite sport, and finally flatten him with an overwhelming acorn "stampede."
In the final scene, a dazed Donald hits in one last acorn and laughs at the chipmunks as if he has beaten them. Dale concludes that Donald has lost his mind.
- Walt Disney Presents, episode #5.18: "Duck Flies Coop"
- Good Morning, Mickey, episode #40
- Mickey's Mouse Tracks, episode #36
- The Ink and Paint Club, episode #1.5: "Chip 'n' Dale"
- Have a Laugh!, episode #3
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Chip 'n' Dale with Donald Duck
- Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald, Volume 3
- Have a Laugh!: Volume 1
- Chip 'n' Dale Volume 2: Trouble in a Tree
- The gag with Chip kicking Dale was reused in the Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers episode, "Catteries Not Included."
- Sped up archive audio from "A Knight for a Day" is heard when Chip and Dale argue.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Winter Storage. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|