The Wilhelm scream ("Aaagh!") is a scream sound effect which was introduced in the 1951 western Distant Drums, a non-Disney film. It is often used as an audio in-joke in various works, including many animated films produced by Disney, as well as several Lucasfilm productions prior to Disney's acquisition of the company.
Films and shorts
- Beauty and the Beast (1991) - Heard during the battle between the villagers and the enchanted servants in the Castle shortly after Chip saves Maurice and Belle. A similar scream can also be heard uttered by Gaston when he fell into the moat.
- Aladdin (1992) - Heard when the Genie raises the Sultan's palace while being controlled by Jafar.
- Runaway Brain (1995) - During Mickey's video game when Dopey is defeated by the Witch boss.
- A Goofy Movie (1995) - During "On the Open Road" when Goofy drives into a construction site.
- Hercules (1997) - Heard when the Cyclops arrives at Thebes.
- The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (2000) - Heard by one of the sailors when Morgana's lair emerges from the waves right in front of Eric's armada.
- Pirates of the Caribbean - Heard through every film.
- Enchanted (2007) - Heard from a man falling backwards when Narissa transforms into a dragon. (A Goofy yell can be heard at the same time.)
- Bolt (2008) - Heard offscreen on an A-Team episode involving BA Barcus while Rhino was flipping through channels.
- Princess Protection Program (2009)
- Tron: Legacy (2010) - Heard in the End of Line club and the Rectifier.
- Toy Story (1995) - When Buzz Lightyear gets pushed out the window by a lamp (barely audible); also when RC is flying in the air toward the moving truck and hits Potato Head.
- Cars (2006) - When a car gets zapped by a laser during Lightning McQueen's daydream of being sponsored by Dinoco. (Low pitched.)
- Your Friend the Rat (2007) - When an astronaut got frightened by another rat during the song "Plan B".
- Lifted (2007) - When Ernie falls off the crater at the very end credits.
- Up (2009) - When the dogs are falling off a cliff while attempting to chase Carl Fredricksen and Russell with the bird, a Wilhelm scream can be heard.
- George and A.J. (2009) - When one of the houses burrows down, the Wilhelm scream can be heard.
- Day & Night (2010) - During the movie scene when the cowboy shoots a man off-screen.
- Toy Story 3 (2010) - During the opening scene, while Andy and his toys are watching a "scary movie" during the "You've Got a Friend in Me" sequence, a Wilhelm scream can be heard.
- Cars 2 (2011) - When the cars in the Ye Left Turn Inn beat Grem and Acer up.
- The Legend of Mor'du (2012) - When Mor'du throws down soldiers from a rock, the Wilhelm scream can be heard.
- Monsters University (2013) - When Mike unknowingly runs over a student with the floor waxer.
- The Radiator Springs 500½ (2014) - When the Baja pros fall down a cliff while chasing McQueen.
- Star Wars Episodes 1 to 6
Phantom Menace- Herad during the Battle of Naboo Palace Hanger Bay Attack of The Clones- during Plot to assassinate Padmé Amidala Revenge of The Sith- During Battle of Coruscant A New Hope- During Luke and Leia fight the Stormtroopers one got shot Fell over the ledge The Empire Strikes Back- During Han Solo being Frozen in carbonite Chewbacca pushes a Stormtroopers over the edge Return of The Jedi-
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) - Heard during Finn and Poe Dameron's escape from the First Order.
- Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil (2010) - Used more than once.
- Wander Over Yonder (2013) - Scream heard once during Lord Hater's army against Emperor Awesome's army in "The Picnic".
- Star Wars Rebels (2014) - Screamed during the pilot episode by a Stormtrooper.
- Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero (2015) - Heard once in every episode.
- Future-Worm! (2016) - Herd in the episode Future Danny and the Ghost Pirates of Tau Ceti"
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Pixar Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Pixar Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA license.|