Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Whitecap Bay, often stylized as White Cap Bay, was a large cove on a mysterious island. Doom awaited any misguided mariner who sought out these perilous waters, as mermaids have been known to gather at Whitecap Bay for hundreds of years, thereby striking terror in the hearts of all sailors and pirates.
Myths tell of mermaids lurking beneath the pale, foaming breakers, but few know that these briny beauties were actually flesh-eating creatures. The remote lighthouse at Whitecap Bay served as a beacon, as man-made light could attract these sirens of the sea. Whitecap Bay was visited most notably during the quest for the Fountain of Youth, where Blackbeard and his crew, during their mermaid hunt, found themselves surrounded by vengeful foes consumed with rage against mankind.
Behind the scenes
- Whitecap Bay was filmed in three locations for On Stranger Tides. The scene where Hector Barbossa and his crew are ashore was filmed in Halona Cove in Oahu, Hawaii. The scene where the mermaid attack against Blackbeard's crew occurred was in a set built at the "Falls Lake" section of Universal Studios in Los Angeles. The exterior of the longboat at Whitecap Bay scene was filmed in the H stage at Pinewood Studios.
- Early in the development process of On Stranger Tides, Whitecap Bay was going to be named Crow's Nest Bay.
- Other than Whitecap Bay, mermaids also lived in Isla Sirena.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
- LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Master of the Seas