Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A complete collection of beautifully rendered Disney art, graphically depicting both produced and non-produced Disney cartoon shorts from the 1930s and 1940s. These story ad pages were utilized by Disney in Good Housekeeping Magazine to both promote their cartoons and to act as springboards for other merchandising. This handsome coffee-table book collects all of those ad pages and matches them up with many examples of the other material that sprang from them.
- The Movie Story: Get the scoop on each cartoon on the screen
- The Magazine Rack: Learn how Mickey Mouse's adventures moved from theaters to Good Housekeeping – and discover fascinating Disney studio secrets
- Publicity Push: Pore over rare presskits, ads, and movie reviews for the cartoons Good Housekeeping adapted
- See You In the Funny Papers: Enjoy vintage tie-in comics by Floyd Gottfredson, Walt Kelly, Al Taliaferro, and Wilfred Haughton
- Mouse For Sale: See how amazing Disney toys and games abetted the Good Housekeeping promotional campaign
- Model Behavior: Explore hundreds of rare model sheets and story sketches by Carl Barks, Albert Hurter, and others
- Booked!: Laugh at madcap poetry and prose from the pages of scarce Disney storybooks and periodicals
- British Invasion: Disney's Good Housekeeping pages even had an influence overseas! Let us take you across the pond