Walon Green is a american screenwriter.
Walon was born on December, 15, 1936 in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
Father of Darwin Green and Collin A. Green, who is a photographer, teacher and short story writer.
- Dinosaur (based on an early screenplay)
- His other roles include being a producer, director, creative consultant, dialect advisor and cinematographer.
- His nickname is Wally
- Let Mel Stuart release a caterpillar onto his face for the "crazy boat ride" sequence in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971). The scene remains intact today.
- Wrote a draft of The Fly (1986) when Mel Brooks agreed to produce the project, booting original writer Charles Edward Pogue. However, it was decided that Green's draft was even less satisfactory than Pogue's, and Pogue was re-hired, only to be booted off again when David Cronenberg joined the project and decided to re-write the script himself.
- Wrote the 1st Red Dragon script. It was to have David Lynch helm it. David Lynch was busy prepping Dune, so the project was scrapped. Later on, the script was shown to Michael Mann who made Manhunter, which was based on the book "Red Dragon".
- Did some uncredited contributions to the Ron Hutchinson draft of The Island Of Dr. Moreau after John Frankenheimer took over the directing chores.
- Wrote a screenplay title "Crusade" set in the XI century about a warrior who fight for the conquest of Jerusalem. Arnold Schwarzenegger was set to play the lead with Paul Verhoeven as director but due the bankrupt of the production company (Carolco) the movie was never made. Schwarzenegger had the exclusive rights of the script.
- Won an Oscar and six other awards
- Was nominated ten times in his career
- His star sign is Sagittarius
- He has worked on television shows such as law and order, ER, NYPD Blue, Hill Street Hills and Millennium.
- He has worked on films such as Killing Jesus, Bunker Hill, L.A. Confidential, Eraser, Zero Effect, Robocop 2, WarGames and The Wild Bunch.
- Was interviewed once in his career