An astonished Caleb discovers that fellow rebels have been turned into zombified Trance Marchers by the sound of a magical object called the Horn of Hypnos. Thanks to the Horn, Prince Phobos and Lord Cedric now use the rebels as a workforce. But when Blunk steals the Horn and brings it back to Earth, the trance starts to spread to Heatherfield.
The Guardians are called in to help save the Horn's victims and on School Dance night, too. Only a specific melody can break the spell, but how long will Will Vandom, Irma Lair, Taranee Cook, Cornelia Hale and Hay Lin be able to resist the entrancing sound of the Horn of Hypnos? And what's even more alarming: Poor Hay Lin gets turned into a Trance Marcher.
The only way they can get her to stop slamming them into a wall, is to pull the plug on her power. In the B-story, Will is so happy when she finds out she will go to School Dance night with Matt Olsen.
- While Caleb is on the roof playing the electric guitar, he switches strumming hands several times.
- When Matt's band is playing at the school dance, he changes his position on the side of the stage a couple of times.
- The title is a reference to the song Walk this Way.
- The Horn of Hypnosis crumbles away to nothing in this episode, but makes a final reappearance in "G is for Garbage".
- This episode was originally scripted as the 16th of season 1 but was pushed back to the 18th slot for broadcasting reasons.