- “It's nothing personal.”
- ―Vladimir during his confrontation with McQueen in London
Vladimir Trunkov is an antagonist in Cars 2.
"Before becoming the leader of the Trunkov family, Vladimir was a gray-market parts smuggler behind the "Iron Bumper". But when the power of his country shifted back to an autocracy, he changed his name and went underground. Known on the street as "Big Ears" because of the two side-panel air inlets, Vladimir was able to hear trouble coming kilometters before anyone else. With so many close calls, Vladimir doesn't know how many storkes he's got left in his engine."
Vladimir Trunkov is a light blue yellow striped Zaporzhets who works with Professor Z. He is head of the Trunkov family. During the film, Vladimir and the the other main heads of the three lemon families (Gremlin, Pacer, Hugo) attend a meeting with Professor Z in Porto Corsa to discuss their evil plans about discrediting the Allinol by using the radiation disguised camera to crash out the racers in the World Grand Prix that use the gas, and ensure that all cars keep using conventional fuel to secure the profits of their "lemon" organization who managed to secure the largest unexplored oil resources in the world. Vladimir is seen smiling at the idea.
- Vladimir is modeled as a ZAZ-968 Zaporozhets car with one adjustment: the letter T on his front bumper, which stands for his last name; Trunkov.
- Vladimir's color scheme (blue and yellow) reflects the Ukrainian state flag. The ZAZ plant is located in Zaporozhye, Ukraine.
- He is the third Disney villain to have a thick accent the first being Shere Khan and the second being The Sheriff of Nottingham.
- Vladimir is wanted in: France, Germany, Serbia, Republic of New Rearendia.