Violetta is a teen soap opera that first aired on the Disney Channel on May 14, 2012. The show is a co-production between Disney Channel Latin America, Disney Channel Europe, Disney Channel Middle East, Disney Channel Africa and Pol-ka Producciones. Violetta features a multinational cast, and tells the story of "Violetta", a musically talented teenager who returns to her hometown to "find love", and explore her passion for music.
Violetta tells the story of a lonely and very talented teenager who, after living many years in "old continent", returns to Buenos Aires, her hometown. In her new life she finds true friends and love, as she discovers her innate talent and passion for music and, in turn, builds and faces the great and interesting experience of growing up.
Shooting began in September 2011 in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and lasted about seven months. The series became the first co-production that took place between Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Africa. The series was filmed entirely in high definition. On December 31, 2011, Disney Channel Latin America broadcasted a New Year's television special entitled Celebratón, where Martina Stoessel performed the song Tu Resplandor (Disney Princesses). Disney Channel announced that the series will premiere in 2012. The cast was first introduced on December 22, 2011. As of early March 2012, Disney Channel had not announced any release date for Violetta only stating that the series will premier "soon". However, in mid-March 2012 Disney Channel began to broadcast commercials and promotions for the series, but these state that the program "coming soon".
In early April 2012, a music video for "En Mi Mundo", sung by Martina Stoessel, was uploaded to the official website of Disney Channel Latin America as part of the series soundtrack, and was later released on April 5, 2012 on Disney Channel Latin America's Zapping Zone.The Mexican newspaper La Cronica de Hoy announced on April 4, 2012 that Violetta would be released on May 2012. The same newspaper announced a week later that the series would premiere on May 14, 2012.
Cast and characters
- Martina Stoessel portrays Violetta Castillo, is a bright girl and full of life, but lonely and overprotected by her father. She has a unique voice she inherited from her mother, but still does not know. From her father he inherited a love of reading and great intelligence. Violetta is spontaneous and sincere when it comes to speaking her mind. She just wants to find her place in the world.
- Pablo Espinosa portrays Tomás Heredia, is attractive, simple, confident and sometimes a bit aloof. He plays guitar and sings. His songs reflect his personality and his quest as an artist. He attends to Studio 21, a scholarship from the teacher Beto, who hired him as his assistant. He was born in Spain but moved to Buenos Aires with his mother to care for her grandmother.
- Mercedes Lambre portrays Ludmila Ferro, comes from an upper class family. The girl is cool and glamorous at Studio 21, which makes it the ideal girlfriend for León. But what is a diva, so is a liar, manipulative, and arrogant. Despite being totally different to Tomás, is attracted to him. But Thomas ignores her because he is in love with Violetta, which unleashes her jealousy and obsession.
- Jorge Blanco portrays León, is arrogant, and somewhat vain. Despite this, León has a good heart, but when he is with Ludmila are enhanced and can look bad. Unlike Tomás, comes from a wealthy family and never had to work. León takes classes at Studio 21, and also has great potential as an artist.
- Lodovica Comello portrays Francesca Caviglia, is intelligent, self-sacrificing and good friend. She is aware of the effort made by her family to go to Studio 21. Born in Italy, like his brother Luca, who is who runs the family business of the Restó Bar.
- Diego Ramos portrays Germán Castillo, is the father of Violetta. He's a brilliant engineer, owner of a construction company that does international public and private works of great caliber. He is strict and demanding. Since the death of his wife has overprotected her daughter, but behind his rigidity hides a big heart.
- Clara Alonso portrays Ángeles "Angie", is cheerful, funny, charismatic, lover of music and art, Angie is a free spirit that radiates light around. She is the sister of who was the wife of Germán, but Violetta is unknown that's her aunt. After the death of her sister, Angie tried to contact her niece on several occasions, but without success. So when Violetta returns to Buenos Aires, she poses as the new governess to approach her.
- Candelaria Molfese portrays Camila Torres
- Facundo Gambandé portrays Maximiliano "Maxi" Ponte
- Alba Rico Navarro portrays Natalia "Naty" Vidal
- Nicolás Garnier portrays Andrés
- Simone Lijoi portrays Luca Caviglia
- Samuel Nascimento portrays Broduey
- Florencia Benítez portrays Jade LaFontaine
- Joaquín Berthold as Matías LaFontaine
- Mirta Wons portrays Olga
- Alfredo Allende portrays Lisandro Ramallo
- Ezequiel Rodríguez portrays Pablo Galindo
- Rodrigo Pedreira portrays Gregorio Casal
- Pablo Sultani portrays Roberto "Beto" Benvenuto
- Alberto Fernández de Rosa portrays Antonio Fernández Vallejo
- Germán Tripel portrays Rafael "Rafa" Palmer
- Nilda Raggi portrays Angélica
- Lucía Gil portrays Helena "Lena"
- Ruggero Pasquarelli portrays Federico
- Rodrigo Velilla portrays Napoleón
- Artur Logunov portrays Braco
- Diego Domínguez portrays Diego
- Xabiani Ponce De León portrays Marco
- Gerardo Velazquez portays DJ
- Valeria Baroni portays Lara
- Carla Pandolfi portays Esmeralda
- Valentina Frione portays Jackie
- Disney Channel Italy - Violetta — Official Website
- Disney Channel Latin America - Violetta — Official Website
- Disney Channel Spain - Violetta — Official Website
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Violetta. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|
- Violetta Wiki (English)