This village is a seaside community located in Italy, and is described by Jiminy Cricket as a "sleepy little town". Though seemingly ordinary and quaint, a number of fantastical occurrences have taken place here, with anthropomorphic animals, magical creatures, and legendary beasts being among its inhabitants and visitors.
It is located adjacent to Pleasure Island, a notoriously accursed island. In the village, there is a law forbidding citizens from visiting the island's shores.
Places of Interest
- Gepetto's Workshop: Home to the kindly woodcarver Geppetto and his family, the most notable of which being the puppet turned human, Pinocchio.
- The Red Lobster Inn: A seedy establishment (most resembling a pub) located near the docks. It is often visited by nefarious crooks such as the local con-artists, Honest John and Gideon.
- School: An unseen learning environment for children that Pinocchio attends during the day.
- The Village Square: An often crowded area located in the heart of the village. When visiting in his traveling caravan, the "master showman", Stromboli, tends to perform his puppet shows here.
- According to the location of the original story, the Village is in Tuscany, Central Italy.
- However the mountains in the background, the clothes and the architectonic style of the houses suggest that the Village is located in South Tyrol, in Northern Italy near Austria.
- In the live-action film Geppetto, the village is known as Villaggio (Italian word that means "Village").
- The village was once slated to appear in Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days along with Pinocchio, Geppetto, Honest John and Gideon. Like the characters, however, the village was scrapped.