V.I.N.CENT served as a utility robot aboard the U.S.S. Palomino and as the crew was on the return journey home he detected the black hole, the largest one he had ever encountered. He also picked up the presence of the U.S.S. Cygnus dangerously close to the hole. as the U.S.S. Palomino went in to investigate they got caught in the black hole's gravity pull. As the ship started to suffer sever damage, V.I.N.CENT went out to to affect repairs. He almost got pulled into the black hole but managed to pull himself back to the ship and held on as they escaped the gravity pull and landed aboard the Cygnus.
At first the crew thought V.I.N.CENT was lost to the black hole but were glad to find him safe and sound. Although he's just a robot, the crew care for him as if he was part of crew. Charlie Pizer nearly tried to risk his life by going out there to save him until captain Hollad ordered him to stay at his post.
V.I.N.CENT felt uneasy once they were aboard the Cygnus and nearly engaged a physical confrontation with Reinhardt's number one robot Maximilian. Although he was ordered to treat the Palomino crew as their guests, V.I.N.CENT still showed no trust to Maximilian or Reinhardt.
He also met another robot like him named B.O.B. who warned him about the danger he and his friends were in.
As the Cygnus began to tear apart, V.I.N.CENT and his friends made a run for the probe ship since the Palomino was destroyed when Harry Booth tried to escape. He engaged Maximilian in battle and was almost defeated until he drilled through his circuitry and killed him. Although victorious he lost his friend B.O.B. who was short circuited by Maximilian.
He escapes aboard the Probe ship with Dan, Charlie and Kate but get sucked into the black hole and out into an unknown galaxy.
- 2130; day 547. Unscheduled course correction due at 2200. Pre-correction check: rotation axis plus three degrees. Nitrous oxide pressure: 4100 rising to 5,000. Quad jet C and D on preselect. Rotor ignition sequence beginning in 3-0. Thruster line reactors on standby.
- I don't mean to sound superior, but I hate the company of robots.
- S.T.A.R., V.I.CENT's my name. Sharpshooting is my game. Try me.
- If there's anything I *cannot* stand, it's a sore loser!
On the way to join Reinhardt for dinner.
- Charles Pizer: We'd be better off without you and Maximilian trying to knock heads.
- V.I.N.CENT: I can handle that thing.
- Charles Pizer: Well, far be it from you to admit there isn't anything you can't handle.
- V.I.N.CENT There are three basic types, Mr. Pizer: the Wills, the Won'ts, and the Can'ts. The Wills accomplish everything, the Won'ts oppose everything, and the Can'ts won't try anything.
S.T.A.R. challenges B.O.B. to a rematch.
- B.O.B.: Oh, Lordy, he wants a rematch!
- V.I.N.CENT: As an old war hero once said, "Damn the torpedos! full speed ahead!"
- B.O.B.: He also said something about going in harm's way.
- Appears in Epic Mickey as a breakable item in Tomorrow City.
- Appears in Star Tours: The Adventures Continue in G2-9T's luggage scanner.
- Some of his parts appear in Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two as a blotworx.
|The Black Hole|