Besides being similar to Elphaba from the musical Wicked, she is probably similar to other Disney characters such as:
- Wreck-It Ralph
- Both are identified as the "misunderstood villain".
- Their friends attempt to convince them to stay together again with the help of their love interests (Anna and Kristoff for Elsa; Fix-It Felix, Jr. and Sargeant Calhoun for Ralph)
- Jessie (Toy Story 2)
- They have one braid each.
- Both of them have powers to involve monstrosities (Elsa uses her ice powers to involve Marshmallow, Jessie uses her yodeling to involve Rex near the beginning of Toy Story 3).
- Both are serious and tough, but are still playful.
- Dale (although Elsa is intelligent and responsible)
- Both characters are anxious, insecure, remorseful, and misunderstood at times.
- Both encounter subtle illnesses (colds for Elsa, headaches for Dale)
- Both characters accidentally hurt their sibling figures (Elsa to Anna, Dale to Chip)
- Bagheera (The Jungle Book)
- They are serious and have a good sense of style.
- They have a partner/sibling who has a lighter attitude (Elsa for Anna; Bagheera for Baloo).
But she also has similarities to a few Non-Disney characters such as:
- BJ (Barney & Friends)
- Both can get nervous at times.
- There was a time Anna helped Elsa with her cold, just as Barney did to BJ.
- Ernie (Sesame Street)
- They both have a cute chubby object playmate to play with in places with white features (Elsa for Olaf in the snow; Ernie for Rubber Duckie in the bathtub).
- They both plan surprise birthday parties for their best friends (Anna, Bert), but would get sick at times.
Since I read that Idina Menzel's son doesn't like Frozen, I thought of other actresses who can provide the new voice of Elsa such as: