Were there any Disney movies you never really cared for?
Here are mine (No specific order. These are only my opinions)
- Home on the Range: I saw this movie with a friend of mine when I was seven (would've been eight that year, but it wasn't my birthday yet). I left the theater finding it to be one of the worst movies I've ever seen, and it shows how much Disney went downhill in the 2000s. At least The Princess and the Frog saved them.
- Dinosaur: I got this movie from a relative of mine, and I always found it boring. It was like The Land Before Time, but for insomniacs. I admit that the artwork is very nicely done, however.
- Chicken Little: Oh...God. The plot went nowhere and the characters were annoying. It played out more like a Dreamworks movie from the mid-2000s than a REAL Disney film. I don't know what's worse: this or HOTR.
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame II: I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first movie, and I HATE this one. The first movie was dark, beautifully animated, had a great plot, and awesome music. This switches it out for bright cheeriness, terrible animation for 2002, a storm of cliches, and awful music.
- The Jungle Book 2: The first movie was always one of my favorites as a child, and one of my first Disney movies. When I saw the second movie, I was terribly disapointed. The movie was almost exactly the same as the first one, but with a few new characters. I think the only thing I liked about this movie was Tony Jay as Shere Khan.
- Mars Needs Moms: All I'm going to say is this: saw it in the theaters, and I NEVER want to see this movie again.
- High School Musical: ALL THREE OF THEM. They're overrated, and the heroes are bland Mary-Sues. When this movie premiered, everyone at my school wouldn't shut up about it, and I was getting annoyed since I didn't see it. Then my girl scout troop had a sleepover at the roller derby/arcade/laser tag arena (we have sleepovers wherever we want, even at the science museum) back in late 2006, and at midnight, we could watch a movie on the giant TV screen they had (with a bunch of smaller TVs scattered around showing Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and Disney Channel). We could chose between three movies: 102 Dalmatians, Finding Nemo, and High School Musical. I voted 102 Dalmatians, but everyone else wanted HSM. So I watched a little bit to see what was the big fuss over it and...I never wanted to see it again. The villians are more entertaining than the heroes. I do praise Ashley Tisdale's acting, however. She was very good at her role (and even better at a certain sister who wants her brothers busted). Everyone else was very fake and dull. After fifteen minutes, I had to walk over to one of the smaller TVs and watch a Recess marathon on Disney Channel (No sound, but closed captions).