As I already posted on my DeviantArt account and on my website, Third Street School, Disney has been taking Recess episodes off of YouTube as of recently.
Compared to other companies such as Viacom and Warner Bros., Disney isn't as frequent when it comes to pulling episodes of their TV shows from YT (Especially compared to Viacom in particular). Regarding television shows (and films), Disney's behavior is (From what I've seen, as I watch a lot of old Disney shows on YT):
- If the show has an official DVD release outside the Disney Movie Club, the episodes will be taken down.
- If the show is NOT availible on DVD and was or wasn't availible on VHS, Disney doesn't bother with them (i.e., Pepper Ann was never officially released on DVD or video and is …
Now that the year is coming to a close, I was wondering, what's everyone's favorite Disney film of this year?
- John Carter
- The Avengers
- The Odd Life of Timothy Green
- Wreck-It Ralph
Personally, I loved all the movies from this year, except John Carter and Timothy Green- I haven't seen them yet, so I can't say anything. Wreck-It Ralph is my #1 favorite of the year :)
Don't worry guys, I've got a plan! 22:57, December 30, 2012 (UTC)Read more >
Were there any Disney movies you never really cared for?
Here are mine (No specific order. These are only my opinions)
- Home on the Range: I saw this movie with a friend of mine when I was seven (would've been eight that year, but it wasn't my birthday yet). I left the theater finding it to be one of the worst movies I've ever seen, and it shows how much Disney went downhill in the 2000s. At least The Princess and the Frog saved them.
- Dinosaur: I got this movie from a relative of mine, and I always found it boring. It was like The Land Before Time, but for insomniacs. I admit that the artwork is very nicely done, however.
- Chicken Little: Oh...God. The plot went nowhere and the characters were annoying. It played out more like a Dreamworks movie…
What Disney Christmas-related movies or specials are your favorites?
- Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too - Since I was a very little kid, it's been a tradition in my family to watch thins every year, and to put the tape on when we decorate our tree (probably because of our Poohv ornament we've had since `98!)
- 101 Dalmatians: The Series Christmas ("A Christmas Cruella") - I've had this tape since I was a very little kid as well, and it's a tradition to watch this on Christmas eve.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas - Probably the best holiday movie that I can also watch near Halloween.
- Toy Story - Because it's Christmas at the end, we watch this near the holidays.
- Lady & The Tramp - See above.
- One Hundred and One Dalmatians - See above (again!). We (usually…
Have there been any Disney songs that have made you cry?
- Wherever You Are - When I was a little kid, I would always watch Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin with my cat. He was more than a pet to me; unusually for a cat, he was very protective over me, and we were very close. He died in May 2008 (after getting hit by a car), and now whenever I hear that song, I think of him.
- I Walk Away - I admit that when I first saw Phineas and Ferb: Across The 2nd Dimension, I was crying when I heard this song.
- City of Love - Poor Isabella! Everytime I hear this song, I feel so bad for her, and it makes me teary-eyed. Poor girl. She needed a hug.
- I Will Go Sailing No More - I've gone through a few depressions like Buzz had in that …