Hey guys. In this blog, I wanted to show you another one of my internal games. I like to think about similarities between things, which is the main reason why I loved seeing reused animation from classic Disney films. One of my internal games I like to play is where I take 3 things from a category (movies, characters, etc.) and I look for at least one similarity between two of the items that leave the third one out, even if its a tiny detail. Allow me to demonstrate.
I'm going to use 3 random Disney films-Pinocchio, The Lion King, and Frozen as examples.
What do Pinocchio and The Lion King Have In Common that Frozen doesn't?
- Both are hand drawn while Frozen is computer animated.
- Both have a male protagonist
- Both somehow involve bugs
- Both have a cat character
What do The Lion King and Frozen have in common that Pinocchio doesn't?
- Both were made without Walt Disney.
- Both have royal protagonists and a story about royalty.
- Both set box-office records as the highest grossing film from the studio at least once, while Pinocchio did not (sorry).
- Both involve (a) parent('s) death, while Geppetto survived.
- Both show time skips with the kids growing up.
- Both have the main character's name end with the letter 'a'.
What do Pinocchio and Frozen have in common that The Lion King does not?
- Both have non-animal protagonists
- Both have short one-word/ name titles
- Both have a magic female.
- Both have a giant monster with an M name.
- Both have a non-speaking animal companion.
That's all I can think of for now. If you know anymore, I'll add on. Besides, this is just an example of my little game. I hope you like it, and use 3 items of your own.