FANDOM


Hi everyone. In honor of Halloween, I am writing a blog about 2 things about Disney that scared the heck out of me when I was a kid and scarred me for life. I could have done a Top 10 scary Disney moments list, but I'd prefer not to. Most people would get scared of the donkey transformation from Pinocchio or the Headless Horseman chase from The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, but I have two other Disney scars in Mind. This is a rant about two scary things that scarred my Disney childhood!



Scar #1: The Bear from The Fox and the Hound

Scary F Bear

ugggh look at the design of it!!


The boatload of maturity and sadness is 40% why Fox and the Hound is one of my least favorite Disney films. The other 60% is because of this bear! The bear fight is what I consider the most memorable scene from the movie, but NOT in the good way. Just look at this thing! Whenever I think of dangerous bears in the wild, this is usually what I think of! It's got a devilish design with that big black body and its red eyes! Those red eyes seem to change a lot in this scene! Look at the screencaps to see that. Every time I watched The Fox and the Hound, I felt like the bear could pop out from anywhere in the forest at anytime! The low heavy environment just made it seem like so much buildup to that beast! This thing still sometimes shows up in my nightmares once in a while! It's scary looking and just a killer! Oooooh! This bear just makes me want to shudder!


Scar #2: The Cave of Wonders from Aladdin

Scary F Cave

A Talking Killer Cave?! Yaaaaaaaaaaaah!


As most of you remember me saying, I did NOT grow up with Aladdin pleasantly. The majority of it was because of this talking cave! I just felt like this thing could pop out of the desert anywhere, and one would never know where the Cave of Wonders IS in the desert! What freaked me about it the most was that visitors like Gazeem and Aladdin actually had to go INSIDE the cave's mouth and that would mean touching it! <shudder> Oh man that just gave me the creeps! I didn't think going inside that freaky cave was that bad until I read in the Aladdin soundbook that Aladdin didn't meet the Magic Carpet until AFTER he went inside the cave's mouth! The lava scene inside the cave scared me enough, but having to go inside that creepy talking cave was even worse! That's when my fear of the Cave of Wonders rose! It's booming voice, its design, everything! And to make matters worse, neither the cave's visitors, Gazeem nor Aladdin went inside the cave without a disaster! Gazeem got eaten and there was no trace of even his body or even his skeleton by the time Aladdin got there! That was creepy! And of course Aladdin got trapped in the cave due to the cave in that Abu caused and Jafar's betrayal! Aladdin basically had to trick the Genie to get them out! This thing was so scary I couldn't even bear to watch it on the preview of the 2004 Special Edition of Aladdin when it was seen on a number of 2004 DVDs like Lion King 1 1/2, Miracle, Mickey Donald, and Goofy: The Three Musketeers- it was just too much terror! It took me years to get over it. I am not scared of it as much, but the idea of going inside a talking killer cave just freaks me out!