This past weekend at Disney D23 Expo 2015, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media revealed some new information about some of their biggest products. GET EXCITED! The announcements included details about Disney INFINITY: 3.0 Edition, Playmation and Kingdom Hearts III... plus two new limited edition Star Wars™ PlayStation®4 hardware bundles.
“We have the most exciting slate of upcoming game titles in our history, and we’re also focused on new platforms and technologies that enable us to develop experiences we would never have dreamed possible just a few years ago,” said Jimmy Pitaro, President of Disney Interactive.
Check out some highlights below:
- On November 17, fans will be able to buy two very special limited-edition Darth Vader-inspired PlayStation®4 Star Wars bundles: Star Wars: Battlefront and Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars. The bundles include a fully customized PS4™ featuring an image of Darth Vader, a controller inspired by Darth Vader’s suit and more. For full information for the Limited-Edition PlayStation®4 Hardware Bundles click here!.
- John Boyega and Daisy Ridley, co-stars of Star Wars™ The Force Awakens, surprised guests on stage and gave away their character figures, Finn and Rey, for the upcoming Disney INFINITY: 3.0 Edition Play Set.
- Other character reveals also included Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps from Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Zootopia, Spot from Disney•Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur and a limited edition set of Light FX Star Wars™ character figures that light up when placed onto the Disney Infinity Base. Exciting new Disney Infinity integrations with Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise Line® were also unveiled.
- Coming this Fall, Playmation Marvel’s Avengers Gamma Gear – inspired by the 7-foot Hulk – lets you smash into battle using motion-sensing technology putting you in the Avengers action.
- Square Enix and Disney Interactive revealed that Baymax and other beloved characters of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Academy Award®-winning film Big Hero 6 will make their debut in the ever-expanding narrative of Kingdom Hearts III.
- Disney Interactive announced Disney Magic Kingdoms, a new mobile game being created with Gameloft that lets players build the Disney theme park of their dreams by recreating and placing iconic attractions such as Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, California Screamin’ and many more in a fun animated landscape.