- “We are in development of a few standalone films, that are not part of the Star Wars saga...”
- ―Bob Iger
An untitled Han Solo Star Wars Stories film is set for release in 2018. The film is the second installment in the series, and will not be directly connected to the main Star Wars saga.
On February 5, 2013, Bob Iger, CEO of The Walt Disney Company announced on CNBC that two Star Wars spin-off standalone films are in development, with Lawrence Kasdan attached to write the first film and Simon Kinberg to write the second film. Kasdan actively developed an outline for the film in early 2013, but the project was put on-hold after the departure of Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens screenwriter Michael Arndt from the film in the summer of 2013. Kasdan picked up script duties for the film alongside its director J.J. Abrams, with John Knoll's Rogue One taking the first Star Wars Stories release slot.
In 2014, after The Force Awakens began production, Kasdan turned his attention back to the Han Solo film, this time bringing his son Jon Kasdan on to share writing duties with him.
In July 2016 it was stated the film would be part of a planned trilogy.
In August 2016, it was announced that Lando Calrissian will appear in this film.
- Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo
- TBA as Chewbacca
- Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian
- Emilia Clarke as TBA
- Woody Harrelson as Garris Shrike
- Thandie Newton as TBA
- ↑ "Han Solo Trilogy Reportedly Planned". ComicBook (July 26, 2016).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Donald Glover has Been Cast as Young Lando". Oh My Disney (October 22, 2016).
- ↑ "Emilia Clarke Joins the Han Solo Stand-Alone Film". Star Wars (November 19, 2016).
- ↑ "Woody Harrelson Signs on for Young Han Solo FIlm". Star Wars (January 11, 2016).
- ↑ http://variety.com/2017/film/news/star-wars-thandie-newton-han-solo-pic-1201983121/