Tyrannosaurus Rex is a species of predatory Dinosaur that lived in the Cretaceous period 65 million years ago. It appeared as the main antagonist in "The Rite of Spring" segment from Fantasia.
Tyrannosaurus is a huge blue dinosaur with a big head an a mouth full of razor-sharp teeth and three large claws.
The Tyrannosaurus makes his first appearance as he attacks a herd of dinosaurs, targeting a nearby Stegosaurus as he is unable to move away fast enough. After a long and vicious battle, he gains the upper hand and kills the Stegosaurus by biting his throat, therefore killing him. After the Stegosaurus dies, with all the other dinosaurs watching, the Tyrannosaurus roars in victory and then he eats. Near the end of the segment, he dies along with the rest of the dinosaurs do to mass dehydration as the earth climate changes, visibly collapsing into the sand.
He also makes a cameo in the sequel Fantasia 2000 in a flashback from the original film.
Tyrannosaurus Rex is seen as The Disneyland train travels to the Primeval World diorama. In it, it is seen reenacting his battle from Fantasia.In Walt Disney World's Epcot there is a ride known as Ellen's Energy Adventure staring Ellen DeGeneres and Bill Nye the Science Guy, who explore the world of energy, including the use of fossil fuels. During the ride, Bill Nye brings DeGeneres "back in time" to the age of dinosaurs to explain the origin of fossil fuels. During this portion of the ride, severl dinosaurs can be seen that are similar to the ones during Fantasia's The Rite of Spring. Most notably, there is a large Tyrannosaurus attacking a Stegosaurus over a cliff. This is obviously in reference to Fantasia.
- In Lady and the Tramp 2, Scamp discovers a Tyrannosaurus skeleton. Whether this is the same specimen or a completely different one is unknown.
- A brown Tyrannosaurus Rex was the main antagonist in the Phineas and Ferb time travel episode.When Phineas, Ferb and Candace were trapped in the mesozoic era a T-Rex chased them. They eventually lost it, but it found them again. When they were back in the present at the museum the T-Rex accidentally came with them. It tried to attack Candace but Doofenshmirtz's Freezeanator hit it and froze it. When the T-Rex is chasing Candace, the theme from the tyrannosaurus rex Grumpy from the 1970s television show Land of the Lost can be heard.It made a cameo in "Mom's Birthday" from a flashback. The Tyrannosaurus makes cameos again in "Unfair Science Fair Redux (Another Story)" and "Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo".
- In The Little Mermaid (TV series) episode Land of Dinosaurs, Ariel finds frozen dinosaurs during a trip to the North Pole and she thaws them with her father's trident. King Triton makes a refuge for them on land after some dinosaurs cause chaos. A T- Rex was among the species of dinosaurs that were causing havoc.
- In Aladdin episode Much Abu About Something, A T- Rex served as main antagonist of the episode.
- It appears as a female in an episode of "The Legend of Tarzan", who attacked Tarzan, Jane, Samuel T. Philander, and Professor Porter after the latter stole her egg.
In real life
In real life, Tyrannosaurus lived in the late Cretaceous Period 68-65 million years ago. Thus, it did not coexist with Stegosaurus, which lived in the Jurassic Period from 150-145 million years ago. Unlike in Fantasia, it did not have three fingers; it had two. Why it had three fingers is because Walt Disney reported to Barnum Brown, the discoverer of Tyrannosaurus, that it looked better that way.
- During the production of DINOSAUR, then called Countdown to Extinction, original plans called for Tyrannosaurus Rex, but Disney decided to incorporate the then newly discovered Carnotaurus instead.
|Fantasia | Fantasia 2000 | Who Framed Roger Rabbit | Video game | House of Mouse | Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Shorts: The Sorcerer's Apprentice | The Rite of Spring | The Pastoral Symphony | Dance of the Hours | Night on Bald Mountain | Ave Maria | Pines of Rome | The Carnival of the Animals | The Firebird Suite
Characters: Mickey Mouse | Donald Duck | Daisy Duck | Yen Sid | Chernabog | Chernabog's minions | Magic Brooms | Tyrannosaurus Rex | Stegosaurus | Triceratops | Pteranodon | Bacchus | Jacchus | Centaurettes | Melinda | Brudus | Iris | Zeus | Vulcan | Madame Upanova and her ostriches | Hyacinth Hippo and her hippos | Elephanchine and her elephants | Ben Ali Gator and his alligators | Butterflies | Bats | Whales | Duke | Rachel | Flying John | Killjoy Margaret | Jobless Joe | Tin Soldier | Ballerina | Jack-in-the-Box | Yo Yo Flamingo | Snooty Flamingos | Spring Sprite | Elk | Firebird
Songs: Ave Maria