Tyler Robert James is one of the protagonists in Dog With a Blog. He's a typical 15-year old boy—flirtatious, not hard-working, and is always trying to get by with his looks. He is the stepbrother of Avery, the brother of Chloe, the son of Bennett, and the stepson of Ellen. He is portrayed by Blake Michael.
Tyler is a popular and charismatic smart-alec that seems to get solely on his looks.
He can also be shown to be a little air-headed, but he has a wit and like Avery, he knows what he wants and he won't stop at anything to get it, showing that he has hearts in his eyes and he's determined to show that he's more than just "the popular guy".
Avery is Tyler and Chloe's stepsister and the way they like to get along is the perfect way to stick together in which they both get on each other's nerves a lot.
Ellen is Avery's mother and Tyler and Chloe's stepmother. He's shown to get along well with her and willingly calls her 'Mom'. When he is shown to be doing a professional BMX tournament and the lone comes with him, he is at first slightly annoyed by her calling out to support him. However, he realizes he shouldn't be ashamed of her support, and uses ear plugs to solve the problem.
Chloe is Avery's younger stepsister, and Tyler and Chloe's sister.
Bennett is Tyler and Chloe's dad, and Avery's stepfather.
Stan thinks Tyler is pretty smart, and is a pretty cool kid coming up with clever genius schemes to try to get out of and avoid hard work. He can be a little mad at the family sometimes, but they are his family and will always love him.
- He earned his learner's permit, but is a terrible driver ("The Fast and the Furriest").
- He is secretly smart at a lot of subjects such as Math.
- He loves cheerleaders ("Stan of the House").
- He loves Stan very much.
- He flirts with every beautiful girl he meets.
- He and his father once bumped into Avery and Ellen before they met, but none of them remember.
- Ellen wakes him up everyday for school by shouting through the wall, he is said to originally have thought that this was a very punctual ghost.
- He took accelerated classes in order to finish high school early so that he could join the professional BMX team.
- He has flooded the basement and blown up the microwave before.
- He gets Cs and Ds in his report cards.
- In Avery B. Jealous, he reads all his fathers books.
- His birthday is November 27th.
- He can speak French.
- In Season 3, he turns 17.