Troodon appeared in the Rite of Spring segment from Disney's Fantasia attacking an Archaeopteryx. While many viewers assume it was an Ornitholestes, the scripts confirm it's a Troodon. Also in the film, Troodon is depicted as having a domed head and horns, since at that time it was assumed to be a Pachycephalosaur.
- Troodon was most closely related to dromaeosaurs like Velociraptor, and is a member of the Troodontidae.
- Troodon had the largest brain proportionate to body size of any dinosaur.
- Like Velociraptor, Troodon had killing claws on its feet for dispatching and restraining prey.
- In real life, Troodon was covered in feathers.
- In a 2017 review of troodontids revealed that troodon formosus, the type species. Is based on a tooth, is dubious. While most specimens have been transferred to other genera.