Tripod is a Dalmatian puppy and Lucky's main rival in the Bark Brigade. He only appears in 101 Dalmatians: The Series. Presumably named for being the only puppy with three legs, Tripod is a very athletic, and hard-working puppy. He is seen to be a bit of a perfectionist, as in "Full Metal Pullet", and frequently contends with Lucky in several episodes.
Tripod is the only recurring dalmatian puppy in the series who has not been in any of the movies or the original book, and he also has the most speaking roles compared to the other minor pups. According to the episode, "Dalmatian Vacation Part One: Road Warriors", he is not one of Pongo and Perdita's original fifteen puppies, and was one of the adopted 84.
Despite having three legs, he is very athletic, considerably more so than the other Dalmatians. He is Lt. Pug's favorite member of the Bark Brigade, and takes his brigade very seriously. According to "Mall Pups", he is captain of the brigade. Lucky sees him as his rival until the episode "Lucky All Star", after they help Roger pull his car out of the mud. After that, he is on better terms with Lucky and the other pups. Originally, he was quite stuck-up and cocky; however, after becoming more friendly with Lucky, this aspect of him starts to vanish. There has never been an explanation behind his missing leg, though it's suggested that he was either in an accident and it was amputated, or it was a birth defect.
Episodes where Tripod has speaking roles
- "Two for the Show"
- "An Officer and a Gentledog"
- "The Great Cat Invasion"
- "Lucky All Star"
- "Our Own Digs"
- "Citizen Canine"
- "Full Metal Pullet"
- "Cadet of the Month"
- "Mall Pups"
- "Walk a Mile in My Tracks"
- In the beginning of the episode "Shipwrecked", a puppy is shown hanging out with Dipstick that looks similar to Tripod, but with four legs and no sweatband.
- At the start of "You Say It's Your Birthday", when Roger looks at the swarm of pups between himself and the bus, Tripod can be seen amongst them in the distance; however, with four legs instead of three.
- Out of all of the "background" Dalmatian puppies in the series, Tripod has had the most speaking lines.