Trinity Limit (トリニティリミット Toriniti Rimitto) is a special technique introduced in Kingdom Hearts. Trinity Limit is a technique that uses teamwork to unleash a powerful attack.
In Kingdom Hearts, Trinity Limit is a Special Ability. Selecting Trinity from the last command box causes two red orbs to emerge from Donald and Goofy. The orbs will come to Sora's Keyblade. Sora then executes a few powerful flips and leaps, then does a back somersault, planting his Keyblade into the ground, summoning a large energy wave crushing all enemies down within the area. The more MP Sora has during the executing period, the more powerful the finishing attack becomes. It costs 5 AP to equip, and uses all of Sora's, Donald's, and Goofy's MP, requiring at least 3 bars of MP to activate.
In Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Trinity Limit is an attack sleight that has the same appearance as from Kingdom Hearts. It is a very powerful attack that deals heavy damage, capable of clearing a whole field of enemies. The card combinations for Trinity Limit are:
- - Major Drive (プライスレス Puraisuresu, lit. "Priceless") (Sora, Donald, and Goofy fire a barrage of Drive Orbs)
- - Ultima (ラストガ Rasutoga, lit. "Lastga") (Sora, Donald, and Goofy summon a cluster of fireworks)
- ( in Japanese releases) - Break (Sora, Donald, and Goofy deliver a series of powerful mid-air slashes)
After each command is executed, the corresponding button command changes to Begin Combo (コンボスタート Konbo Sutāto, lit. "Combo Start"). Selecting it activates the finishing attack, during which Sora, Donald, and Goofy raise their weapons together and unleash a storm of energy that hits all enemies in range. The pose Sora, Donald, and Goofy take for the finisher is similar to their pose when activating Trinity Detect in Kingdom Hearts. To attain as much damage as possible, the Begin Combo command should be used only after all three attacks are performed consecutively. If Sora is without either Donald or Goofy, or both, he only performs a solo version of the Break attack combo. Sora will attack ten times, with the first nine attacks building up to a final, lunging blow that pierces the enemy with a powerful finishing move. This is the only limit that can be used without any party members. It costs 5 AP to equip, and like all Limits, uses all of Sora's MP. The overall damage and efficiency depends on Sora's overall status, including Drive Form levels.
In Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Trinity Limit is an Advanced-class Friendship Command that takes up three slots in the Command Deck, has a maximum level of 1, and a normal reload time of 40 seconds. If used in the Mirage Arena, up to two other players can join in on the attack. It becomes stronger by pressing at the prompt. Its appearance combines the symbol from the Kingdom Hearts version and the pose from the finishing attack from the Kingdom Hearts II version of Trinity Limit.
Learning Trinity Limit
Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
- Sora learns Trinity Limit after completing the Hades Cup.
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
- Sora learns Trinity Limit after entering the 13th floor of Castle Oblivion.
Kingdom Hearts II
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
- Terra, Ventus, and Aqua can purchase Trinity Limit from the Mirage Arena Medal Shop for 1400 Arena Medals once the player reach an Arena level of 1.
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
- Sora can use Trinity Limit by linking with a Fire-attribute and a Light-attribute Spirit.
- Sora can use Trinity Limit by linking with a Aqua-attribute and a Thunder-attribute Spirit.
- Sora can use Trinity Limit by linking with a Aqua-attribute and a Light-attribute Spirit.
- Sora can use Trinity Limit by linking with two Light-attribute Spirits.
- Sora can use Trinity Limit by linking with a Light-attribute and a Dark-attribute Spirit.
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
During Aqua's final battle against Terra-Xehanort, a variation of Trinity Limit named Dual Limit can be used with Terra by pressing , followed by when prompted. The attack will deal damage to the guardian, depending on the timing of the button presses.
The term "Trinity" refers to the party members that must be present to execute the ability, particularly Sora, Donald, and Goofy.