Tomorrowland is a themed land at Hong Kong Disneyland. Like the newer generations of the American Tomorrowlands, Hong Kong's version features an emphasis on metallic trim, with lots of blue and purple hues.
ike the newer generations of the American Tomorrowlands, Hong Kong's version features an emphasis on metallic trim, with lots of blue and purple hues. Currently under construction outside the berm to the south of Autopia is Iron Man Experience, the first Disney attraction to be based on a Marvel property, featuring Tony Stark recruiting guests to fend off extraterrestrial beings from attacking Hong Kong. In August 2014, UFO Zone was suspended in preparation for Tomorrowland Party Zone, a stage as part of "Disney's Haunted Halloween" event during the expansion of "Iron Man Experience".
As part of "Star Wars: Tomorrowland Takeover" event since June 2016, the first three expansion attractions were all closed. In April 5, UFO Zone has been closed in preparation for Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple that premiered in June 25. In May 2, Stitch Encounter was closed and re-themed to Star Wars: Command Post, open until December 31, 2017. In June 11, when the event stared, Autopia was closed, and the queue has became part of Iron Man Experience.
Attractions and entertainment
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
- Iron Man Experience
- Iron Man Tech Showcase
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
- Space Mountain (currently themed as Hyperspace Mountain)
- Star Wars: Command Post
- Muppet Mobile Lab (2008–2013)
- UFO Zone (2006-2016)
- Stitch Encounter (2006-2016)
- Autopia (2006-2016)
- Push the Talking Trash Can (moved to Fantasyland)
Restaurants and refreshments
- BB-8 Snack Cart
- Comet Café
- Starliner Diner
- Flying Saucer Snaks
- ↑ Chu, Karen (8 October 2013). "Hong Kong Disneyland to Open 'Iron Man' Experience in 2016". Retrieved on 8 October 2013.
- ↑ "Star Wars takes over Hong Kong Disneyland this summer".
- ↑ "Hong Kong Disneyland Reports Second-highest Revenues, Third-highest Attendance and Record Guest Spending"..
- ↑ "BREAKING: Opening Date Set for Iron Man Experience, First-Look Inside the Amazing Queue & More".
- ↑ Barnes, Brooks (November 22, 2016). "Hong Kong Disneyland, Seeking Return to Profit, Plans $1.4 Billion Upgrade", The New York Times.
- ↑ Miller, Daniel (November 22, 2016). "Hong Kong Disneyland in line for a $1.4-billion expansion, adding a 'Frozen' themed land in a bid to boost growth", Los Angeles Times.