FANDOM


    • but isn't he too old and she too young? :(

        Loading editor
    • i don't know ?

        Loading editor
    • Absolutely not.

        Loading editor
    • I think he would probably be accepted as her big brother.

        Loading editor
    • How old is she?

        Loading editor
    • She's 16

        Loading editor
    • No.

        Loading editor
    • I would feel comfortable if she didn't...

        Loading editor
    • I want her to have a love interest. Its an important aspect in most Disney films. It would be cure if they got together. I hope she ends up with someone at least. 

        Loading editor
    • Coolactress198 wrote:
      I want her to have a love interest. Its an important aspect in most Disney films. It would be cure if they got together. I hope she ends up with someone at least. 

      I honestly believe Moana should stay single. I think Moana is a movie that doesn't need romance and if it did, it would most likely take away the adventurous vibe.

        Loading editor
    • I think this princess won't have prince, like Merida.

        Loading editor
    • Thesuicidesquad wrote:
      I think this princess won't have prince, like Merida.

      Yes, I believe so too.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think she should.

        Loading editor
    • Considering that she is a 16-year-old girl and Maui looks over 20, I think not.

        Loading editor
    • Why worry about it now? The movie doesn't come out until November.

        Loading editor
    • It hasnt been confirmed she wont. 

        Loading editor
    • I honestly don't care if they do or don't, since we know almost nothing about them, but if they do, their romance should be well-written (which it fortunately usually is in the newer Disney Princess films) But I'm sure the film will be good, no matter what :)

        Loading editor
    • I think it would be cute if there was just a hint a romance in the film, otherwise I'm not sure if care if she ends up with anyone. I didn't really care in Brave either. Also, Maui is a god, so isn't he ageless?

        Loading editor
    • Samanthafan09 wrote:
      I think it would be cute if there was just a hint a romance in the film, otherwise I'm not sure if care if she ends up with anyone. I didn't really care in Brave either. Also, Maui is a god, so isn't he ageless?

      Maui is a demigod. and the exact reason why they shouldn't get married is because he's ageless. it means he's over hundreds of years old.......Moana is 16, and is a minor....

        Loading editor
    • To DisneyJr

      It is being set thousands or years ago, so it wouldnt matter. Snow White married The Prince, while she was only 14 and he was most likely in his twenties. 

        Loading editor
    • Coolactress198 wrote: To DisneyJr

      It is being set thousands or years ago, so it wouldnt matter. Snow White married The Prince, while she was only 14 and he was most likely in his twenties. 

      That's a big assumption. His age is never stated.

        Loading editor
    • Coolactress198 wrote:
      To DisneyJr

      It is being set thousands or years ago, so it wouldnt matter. Snow White married The Prince, while she was only 14 and he was most likely in his twenties. 

      Are you saying we should follow the conservative viewpoints that was the 1940s to apply to modern Disney movies? and btw, The Prince's age was never mentioned. He could've been 18 or 16. And we never saw them getting married, just off to the castle.

      Pedophilia is no longer accepted, nor is getting married before 18 (although many still do it). It's weird, gross, and continues the horrifying stereotype that girls should marry young and guys can marry whenever, even if they're 80 years old and they can marry a minor.....

      Imagine the backlash along with such a pedophilic message.

      Also, every Disney Princess movie is set at least hundreds or thousands of years ago, but we're making films for the 21st century, where women are no longer just things to marry off. Why does she have to get married or fall in love? She's 16!

        Loading editor
    • Disney has been through a rebranding in the recent years. It frequently pokes fun at its own tired cliches and is interested in breaking down the preconceptions people have about a Disney movie and establish new, quality products.  For Disney to have Moana and Maui end up together in the end I feel would be discordent and counter productive to what they are trying to establish as the new Disney brand.  

        Loading editor
    • Probably in the sequel they might get married but not sure if they will in the movie.

        Loading editor
    • Honestly, why do u guys want pedophilia so much? Is it normal to you?

        Loading editor
    • Before the D23 expo, I really wanted them to be a couple, but now, no please no.

      Let them be just friends, or better, have a father-daughter relationship to those who want them to be 'more than just friends'. 

        Loading editor
    • It really wouldn't work out. Maui is over 1000 years old. Moana is like... 15? 16? No way.

      And after seeing the teaser, I can just see Maui isn't Moana's type.

        Loading editor
    • Ahhh, NO way. I like Maui so far, but no. :P

        Loading editor
    • Rouhad wrote:
      Before the D23 expo, I really wanted them to be a couple, but now, no please no.

      Let them be just friends, or better, have a father-daughter relationship to those who want them to be 'more than just friends'. 

      I like the idea of a father-daughter relationship between the two. Maybe Moana's actual father dies and Maui becomes some kind of surrogate father to her.

        Loading editor
    • Brawler19 wrote:
      Rouhad wrote:
      Before the D23 expo, I really wanted them to be a couple, but now, no please no.

      Let them be just friends, or better, have a father-daughter relationship to those who want them to be 'more than just friends'. 

      I like the idea of a father-daughter relationship between the two. Maybe Moana's actual father dies and Maui becomes some kind of surrogate father to her.

      but the plot has already confirmed that the father is alive. and he's like Triton, not wanting Moana to go to the ocean.

        Loading editor
    • Absolutely Not.

        Loading editor
    • That ain't going to happen, mate

        Loading editor
    • DEFALMENTE NO.

        Loading editor
    • maybe not married but at least boyfriends and that could be ok

        Loading editor
    • People love impossible and insanely weird ships (cough*Elsanna*cough).. Just you wait, you'll see some weird fan arts and fanfictions shipping them that will basically ruin the Moana fandom..

        Loading editor
    • Papermaniac wrote:
      maybe not married but at least boyfriends and that could be ok

      no that's ​not ok.

      That still implies romantic relationship between a minor and an underdeveloped young girl with a fully-grown thousand year old man. That's still pedophilia.  ​

        Loading editor
    • DisneyJr wrote:
      Papermaniac wrote:
      maybe not married but at least boyfriends and that could be ok
      no that's ​not ok.

      That still implies romantic relationship between a minor and an underdeveloped young girl with a fully-grown thousand year old man. That's still pedophilia.  ​

      In ancient times  it was common for 16 year old  girls to marry or have romantic relationships with older people and it was ok. in fact in many countries and cultures the age of consent is 16 so is not pedophillia

        Loading editor
    • I don't know, but Maui is 40 around my estimation. Moana is 16, and Maui is too old for her. I say no.

        Loading editor
    • Papermaniac wrote:
      DisneyJr wrote:
      Papermaniac wrote:
      maybe not married but at least boyfriends and that could be ok
      no that's ​not ok.That still implies romantic relationship between a minor and an underdeveloped young girl with a fully-grown thousand year old man. That's still pedophilia.  ​
      In ancient times  it was common for 16 year old  girls to marry or have romantic relationships with older people and it was ok. in fact in many countries and cultures the age of consent is 16 so is not pedophillia

      In ancient times it wasn't pedophilia. But now it is, the world has changed. 

      Just because some cultures still do it, it doesn't mean it's ok. Even Arabs who had that as a common trend, stopped it now. She mustn't at all.

        Loading editor
    • Papermaniac wrote:
      DisneyJr wrote:
      Papermaniac wrote:
      maybe not married but at least boyfriends and that could be ok
      no that's ​not ok.That still implies romantic relationship between a minor and an underdeveloped young girl with a fully-grown thousand year old man. That's still pedophilia.  ​
      In ancient times  it was common for 16 year old  girls to marry or have romantic relationships with older people and it was ok. in fact in many countries and cultures the age of consent is 16 so is not pedophillia

      doesn't mean it's ok in this day and age. this is no longer the past, where girls at age 10 were forced to marry men 50 years older than them. it's no longer morally right. I would gladly accept 16 with anyone in the 20s, but 14 at this day and age should no longer be married to someone way older than them. Snow White was the first and she better be the last.

        Loading editor
    • DisneyJr wrote:
      Papermaniac wrote:
      DisneyJr wrote:
      Papermaniac wrote:
      maybe not married but at least boyfriends and that could be ok
      no that's ​not ok.That still implies romantic relationship between a minor and an underdeveloped young girl with a fully-grown thousand year old man. That's still pedophilia.  ​
      In ancient times  it was common for 16 year old  girls to marry or have romantic relationships with older people and it was ok. in fact in many countries and cultures the age of consent is 16 so is not pedophillia
      doesn't mean it's ok in this day and age. this is no longer the past, where girls at age 10 were forced to marry men 50 years older than them. it's no longer morally right. I would gladly accept 16 with anyone in the 20s, but 14 at this day and age should no longer be married to someone way older than them. Snow White was the first and she better be the last.

      Marriages wasn't always forced in ancient times. also that couldnt be the first time this happen in a Disney movie ( ejem the little Mermaid and Snowhite). 16 years old is the age of consent in many countries and cultures  ( indeed this is the reason why in USA  girls celebrate their 16 birthay greatly, also in countries like Mexico there are similar celebrations around that age in mexico is at the 15 birthday, they celebrate this way because originally this was the way the parents presented their daughter to the society as a woman) and its ok. also the Age  of Maui is not adressed directly what we can see from the trailers.

        Loading editor
    • Papermaniac wrote:
      DisneyJr wrote:
      Papermaniac wrote:
      DisneyJr wrote:
      Papermaniac wrote:
      maybe not married but at least boyfriends and that could be ok
      no that's ​not ok.That still implies romantic relationship between a minor and an underdeveloped young girl with a fully-grown thousand year old man. That's still pedophilia.  ​
      In ancient times  it was common for 16 year old  girls to marry or have romantic relationships with older people and it was ok. in fact in many countries and cultures the age of consent is 16 so is not pedophillia
      doesn't mean it's ok in this day and age. this is no longer the past, where girls at age 10 were forced to marry men 50 years older than them. it's no longer morally right. I would gladly accept 16 with anyone in the 20s, but 14 at this day and age should no longer be married to someone way older than them. Snow White was the first and she better be the last.
      Marriages wasn't always forced in ancient times. also that couldnt be the first time this happen in a Disney movie ( ejem the little Mermaid and Snowhite). 16 years old is the age of consent in many countries and cultures  ( indeed this is the reason why in USA  girls celebrate their 16 birthay greatly, also in countries like Mexico there are similar celebrations around that age in mexico is at the 15 birthday, they celebrate this way because originally this was the way the parents presented their daughter to the society as a woman) and its ok. also the Age  of Maui is not adressed directly what we can see from the trailers.

      16 is the age of consent in many cultures, but majority of the US is 18. If you think Disney is gonna make Moana and Maui a thing you will be disappointed because I'm 100% sure they won't. Maui has always been hinted to be thousand-year-old demigod. Just because it isn't hinted in the trailers doesn't mean it's not there.

      Snow White and Ariel's lovers aren't that far from their age. Those princes are still in the 20s. But a 1000 year old age gap?? N.O.

        Loading editor

    • @Disney Jr 

      You are honestly making this a huge deal. I agree with papermaniac. This movie is being set in ancient times. When you said this isnt the past, techincally it is, as the movie is being made in the past, just like the majoirty of the Disney movies or Disney princess/prince movies.Besides, the age of consent in many countries is 16, as was said before. And based on the setting we have so far, I doubt Moana's dad would be upset if she married Maui. We have different opinions on whether or not she will be with Maui, its not like we are petitoning for them to be together. No one said Maui and Moana will defintely be together and that we support pedophilia. 

        Loading editor
    • All I want is for Moana to be a part of the lineup.That's what I  REALLY want, 

        Loading editor
    • NO NO NO. I doubt she would marry Maui. Moana is in her early teens and Maui is like...OLD.

      It's not IMPOSSIBLE, but I give big doubts that Moana will marry Maui.

      (Buster's trouble is Buster's trouble!)

        Loading editor
    • Rouhad wrote:
      People love impossible and insanely weird ships (cough*Elsanna*cough).. Just you wait, you'll see some weird fan arts and fanfictions shipping them that will basically ruin the Moana fandom..

      Yeah, girl, I'll give you another: Dorlin (Dory and Marlin) (coughs until gets sick)

        Loading editor
    • Penelope The Shih Tzu wrote:
      Rouhad wrote:
      People love impossible and insanely weird ships (cough*Elsanna*cough).. Just you wait, you'll see some weird fan arts and fanfictions shipping them that will basically ruin the Moana fandom..
      Yeah, girl, I'll give you another: Dorlin (Dory and Marlin) (coughs until gets sick)

      I know. I'm also sick of it. Not everything has to be shipped.

        Loading editor
    • Rouhad wrote:
      Penelope The Shih Tzu wrote:
      Rouhad wrote:
      People love impossible and insanely weird ships (cough*Elsanna*cough).. Just you wait, you'll see some weird fan arts and fanfictions shipping them that will basically ruin the Moana fandom..
      Yeah, girl, I'll give you another: Dorlin (Dory and Marlin) (coughs until gets sick)
      I know. I'm also sick of it. Not everything has to be shipped.

      So Riley and Fear is Rear? *coughs*

        Loading editor
    • It's already been confirmed Moana will not have a love interest.

        Loading editor
    • Romanino wrote:
      It's already been confirmed Moana will not have a love interest.

      lol I know therefore this whole thread is pointless.

        Loading editor
    • Actually, 3,000 years ago, people only lived up to their 40s so...if Maui is 1,000 years old, he should be dead.

      Moana is in her mid-teens and even if Maui DID marry Moana at the end...just...wow. Their ages are REALLY far apart. Whatever, it's not impossible, but it's really far!

        Loading editor
    • Maui is half-god, therefore he is immortal unless he's killed.

        Loading editor
    • DisneyJr wrote:
      Maui is half-god, therefore he is immortal unless he's killed

      You should study more about Polynesian mythology. are you really sure about that? I am not an expert but there are many mythologies in which gods age up and are not immortals unless they take some sort of magical  food. or half gods that are virtually inmmortal and can't be killed.

        Loading editor
    • Moana is too young to be thinking about marriage and love I mean, they might develop a great bond but never marry and Disney has been in the Modern Era of Princesses for a while now starting with Merida (Brave) and progressing to Rapunzel (Tangled) and Elsa and Ana (Frozen) showing that these people have normal qwerks like any other normal human being so I doubt they would revert back to the oh "Im in love but Ill put up a good fight and save the day" scenario. Right now Moana is a girl filled with adventure and wonder and "excitement of the unknown" and she is also still a girl meaning she has character flaws and ultimately I think that Maui is going to endup learning a lot from Moana and vice versa and they both change and grow throughout the film and Maui wont just be seen as the almighty being that guides Moana, I think it would be the other way around. Anyway just my opinion but on a scale of 1-10 for marriage... OVER 9,000- JK - infinity plus marring a demi god kinda seems weird for Disney standards but woo hoo for Disney transitioning to bringing LGBT cuoples into there films (mainly speculation) but still.

        Loading editor
    • King Ouroboros wrote:
      Moana is too young to be thinking about marriage and love I mean, they might develop a great bond but never marry and Disney has been in the Modern Era of Princesses for a while now starting with Merida (Brave) and progressing to Rapunzel (Tangled) and Elsa and Ana (Frozen) showing that these people have normal qwerks like any other normal human being so I doubt they would revert back to the oh "Im in love but Ill put up a good fight and save the day" scenario. Right now Moana is a girl filled with adventure and wonder and "excitement of the unknown" and she is also still a girl meaning she has character flaws and ultimately I think that Maui is going to endup learning a lot from Moana and vice versa and they both change and grow throughout the film and Maui wont just be seen as the almighty being that guides Moana, I think it would be the other way around. Anyway just my opinion but on a scale of 1-10 for marriage... OVER 9,000- JK - infinity plus marring a demi god kinda seems weird for Disney standards but woo hoo for Disney transitioning to bringing LGBT cuoples into there films (mainly speculation) but still.

      Rapunzel actually didi fell in love and married so your argument is invalid . Here is the proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgL1JQrkTnU

        Loading editor
    • Yes I am aware of that but I was talking in general "most" others who do not follow this are Tiana, and someone else that Im robably forgeting.

      Rapunzel and Tiana are both exceptions to this modern princess rule even though they are considered part of the modern princess era.

        Loading editor
    • King Ouroboros wrote:
      Yes I am aware of that but I was talking in general "most" others who do not follow this are Tiana, and someone else that Im robably forgeting.

      Rapunzel and Tiana are both exceptions to this modern princess rule even though they are considered part of the modern princess era.

      what is wrong with love stories in " modern princesses" era of Disney? relationships and love interests help to show a very important side of the charachter's humanity.

        Loading editor
    • There's nothing wrong with it Im just saying that disney has decided to go with this new more relatable kind of princess rather than women impowerment because they did a whole 20 years of that, "The Renaisance Era" This includes Belle Ariel Jasmine Pocahontas... And the snubbed Disney princesses like Giselle Megara Nala.....

      Disney has been in this period for a while and they want to start connecting more with people all around and creating these women impowerment girls is great but a girl wont always beable to save the day and find true love on her everyday schedule. So making these new princesses with qwerks is more relateable because everyone has problems or little pet peevs or physical set backs, again which is more relatable.

      Im not saying that falling in love and saving the day is a bad thing, but not every person can do that or necessarily wants to.

      The modern princess era doesnt focus on the whole generic love story more or less they real person behind the princess facade.

        Loading editor
    • King Ouroboros wrote:
      There's nothing wrong with it Im just saying that disney has decided to go with this new more relatable kind of princess rather than women impowerment because they did a whole 20 years of that, "The Renaisance Era" This includes Belle Ariel Jasmine Pocahontas... And the snubbed Disney princesses like Giselle Megara Nala.....

      Disney has been in this period for a while and they want to start connecting more with people all around and creating these women impowerment girls is great but a girl wont always beable to save the day and find true love on her everyday schedule. So making these new princesses with qwerks is more relateable because everyone has problems or little pet peevs or physical set backs, again which is more relatable.

      Im not saying that falling in love and saving the day is a bad thing, but not every person can do that or necessarily wants to.

      The modern princess era doesnt focus on the whole generic love story more or less they real person behind the princess facade.

      and also What is wrong with the " damsel in distress"  thrope? I am tired of SJW's correctness.

        Loading editor
    • (Dont take this offensively) Ok... No one you will ever meet will be a real damsel in distress as in some one in serious trouble and cant get out of it, most of the time you'll find someone who can work out their own peoblems in their own time and on the rare occasion that you do find someone or you are someone then try your best not to get killed. The real DID's are the classic princesses often referred to as the "reactional princesses" meaning they dont take action: Snow, Cindy, Beauty. The only thing wrong with this thrope is History (Damn history always getting in the way) These peincesse were created around post-WWII (SW was smack down in the middle of WWII 1937) So when men were off two war or something women had to manage all the stuff in the US so chaos didnt break out. (If you ask anyone else they'll give you a much better history lesson) so Disney was trying to keep up with the times and since women were no longer seen as these house wives and were actually doing work they decided to change from reactionl princesses to princesses with spunk and attitude and heroism... Of course this was after a 20 year gap of failed animal movies... ex. Jungle Book Rescuers Robin Hood etc..... So the only thing that changed the course of Disney heroism was history.

        Loading editor
    • King Ouroboros wrote:
      (Dont take this offensively) Ok... No one you will ever meet will be a real damsel in distress as in some one in serious trouble and cant get out of it, most of the time you'll find someone who can work out their own peoblems in their own time and on the rare occasion that you do find someone or you are someone then try your best not to get killed. The real DID's are the classic princesses often referred to as the "reactional princesses" meaning they dont take action: Snow, Cindy, Beauty. The only thing wrong with this thrope is History (Damn history always getting in the way) These peincesse were created around post-WWII (SW was smack down in the middle of WWII 1937) So when men were off two war or something women had to manage all the stuff in the US so chaos didnt break out. (If you ask anyone else they'll give you a much better history lesson) so Disney was trying to keep up with the times and since women were no longer seen as these house wives and were actually doing work they decided to change from reactionl princesses to princesses with spunk and attitude and heroism... Of course this was after a 20 year gap of failed animal movies... ex. Jungle Book Rescuers Robin Hood etc..... So the only thing that changed the course of Disney heroism was history.

      Does Snowhite, Aurora and Cinderella not take action? i beg to disagree. the only thing that changed Disney was't history but budget and radical feminist pressure over the princess movie genre.

        Loading editor
    • That too and if you watch any of the movies again with the mind set of are they doing anything that effects the story besides just being there and being nice then you'll see what im talking about when they do more reaction than action.

      Some people would say that the story is surrounding them not they are what the story is based on. If that makes sense

      Also give me an example from each movies where they take action by themselves without the story constantly pushing them as in, the Renaisance gave the princesses some kind of push to move the story along but not constant

        Loading editor
    • well  you are just wrong, for example Snowhite, does she dont take any action,? come on she has to abandon the castle for protect herself from the queen, she had to survive in the dark forest in the fucking middle ages before encountering the cottage of the seven Dwarves, she take the desition of cleaning the cottage of the Dwarves for herself so she can sleep in a comfortable and secure place and maybe be accepted by the dwarves. that is not reaction that is clear action and initiative.

        Loading editor
    • Ok well think prior to the situation

      1. Abandonning the Castle.

      She reacted to the huntsman yelling at her to leave from a murdurous witch

      2. Surviving in the forest

      She didn't really take her own action, she was followig animals after she reacted to her own panic attack by dropping to the ground and crying.

      She aslo made a reaction to when the animals would lead her to the cottage and befriend her

      3. Cleaning the house and meeting dwarves

      In this case yes she does take action however she reacts to when the dwarves scare her and welcome her.

      More Reactions

      Reacting to the witch

      Reacting to the Prince after she wakes up

      So while there is taking action more people tend to focus on her not taking action because there is more of a reaction prior to then taking action

        Loading editor
    • Also if you think about Cindy and Beauty they also react

      Reacting to the prince

      Reacting to her step family

      Reacting to being betrothed

      Reacting to meeting a prince she doesnt even know is a prince

      Reacting to Fairy godmother

      Reacting to TRUE LOVES KISS

      Reacting to finding out shes a princess

      Reacting to love

      And lets not forget about chain reactions and there is a lot of that in Sleeping Beauty

        Loading editor
    • King Ouroboros wrote:
      Ok well think prior to the situation

      1. Abandonning the Castle.

      She reacted to the huntsman yelling at her to leave from a murdurous witch

      2. Surviving in the forest

      She didn't really take her own action, she was followig animals after she reacted to her own panic attack by dropping to the ground and crying.

      She aslo made a reaction to when the animals would lead her to the cottage and befriend her

      3. Cleaning the house and meeting dwarves

      In this case yes she does take action however she reacts to when the dwarves scare her and welcome her.

      More Reactions

      Reacting to the witch

      Reacting to the Prince after she wakes up

      So while there is taking action more people tend to focus on her not taking action because there is more of a reaction prior to then taking action

      Nonsense, yhou sound just like an SJW.

        Loading editor
    • a what


      YOU ARE IN DENIAL

      how can you not see what is right in front of you

      tell me what mind set are you thinking because these girls work hard or are either really nice a=but they rarely ever start things they either follow or are central to the story or there would be no story


      Oh and btw calling out on other people to support your argument is low and irrelavent to the argument

      Have a nice day :)

        Loading editor
    • Papermaniac wrote:

      King Ouroboros wrote:
      Yes I am aware of that but I was talking in general "most" others who do not follow this are Tiana, and someone else that Im robably forgeting.

      Rapunzel and Tiana are both exceptions to this modern princess rule even though they are considered part of the modern princess era.

      what is wrong with love stories in " modern princesses" era of Disney? relationships and love interests help to show a very important side of the charachter's humanity.

      Dude, no one is saying there is anything wrong with romance. It's just that we have had 11 Disney princess films and ALL of them had romance and focused on romance. For people like me who don't really care about romance it's really awesome to have a Disney princess film not be about romance. The directors and writers have already said that she won't fall in love. We should have at least ONE Disney princess film with no love at all.

        Loading editor
    • TheBlueDragon1 wrote:

      Papermaniac wrote:


      King Ouroboros wrote:
      Yes I am aware of that but I was talking in general "most" others who do not follow this are Tiana, and someone else that Im robably forgeting.

      Rapunzel and Tiana are both exceptions to this modern princess rule even though they are considered part of the modern princess era.

      what is wrong with love stories in " modern princesses" era of Disney? relationships and love interests help to show a very important side of the charachter's humanity.
      Dude, no one is saying there is anything wrong with romance. It's just that we have had 11 Disney princess films and ALL of them had romance and focused on romance. For people like me who don't really care about romance it's really awesome to have a Disney princess film not be about romance. The directors and writers have already said that she won't fall in love. We should have at least ONE Disney princess film with no love at all.

      You mean like Merida?

        Loading editor
    • Merida is Pixar whcih I consider a whole different world entirely

        Loading editor
    • Yea Merida doesn't count in my opinion. But the film still acknowledged romance and marriage

        Loading editor
    • I know Moana won't have a love interest but, I kind of ship her and Maui even though he is a thousand years old but is it wrong for me to say this? If it is, I'm so sorry

        Loading editor
    • No offense but this discussion makes me barf

        Loading editor
    • 702085 wrote: I know Moana won't have a love interest but, I kind of ship her and Maui even though he is a thousand years old but is it wrong for me to say this? If it is, I'm so sorry

      Weird how I ship a bunny with a fox but not Moana with Maui.

        Loading editor
    • We seriously don't need a Mulan situation. She can be strong and heroic and doesn't need to have a romance hamfisted into the story with the male lead.

        Loading editor
    • Sendaa wrote: We seriously don't need a Mulan situation. She can be strong and heroic and doesn't need to have a romance hamfisted into the story with the male lead.

      I agree!

        Loading editor
      1. Don't make TLK remake yet
        Loading editor
    • Sendaa wrote:
      We seriously don't need a Mulan situation. She can be strong and heroic and doesn't need to have a romance hamfisted into the story with the male lead.

      I smell SJW bullshit. it is ok if Mulan have a romance is just the cherry in the cake. it adds to the history and charachter.

        Loading editor
    • Papermaniac wrote:

      Sendaa wrote:
      We seriously don't need a Mulan situation. She can be strong and heroic and doesn't need to have a romance hamfisted into the story with the male lead.

      I smell SJW bullshit. it is ok if Mulan have a romance is just the cherry in the cake. it adds to the history and charachter.

      Not really. If Shang and Mulan didn't happen at the end, it wouldn't have changed anything because the movie was about Mulan discovering herself, saving China, and her relationship with her family. Mulan didn't need romance either. Dude calm down, no one here is saying they are a SJW, we just think that not every Disney Princess film needs romance. Elsa right now is the most popular and relatable princess and she had zero romance. Moana doesn't need romance and we should have at least one princess film without any romance.

        Loading editor
    • Papermaniac wrote:
      Sendaa wrote:
      We seriously don't need a Mulan situation. She can be strong and heroic and doesn't need to have a romance hamfisted into the story with the male lead.
      I smell SJW bullshit. it is ok if Mulan have a romance is just the cherry in the cake. it adds to the history and charachter.

      I agree with you, but wow, language.

        Loading editor
    • Ycrmao wrote:
      Papermaniac wrote:
      Sendaa wrote:
      We seriously don't need a Mulan situation. She can be strong and heroic and doesn't need to have a romance hamfisted into the story with the male lead.
      I smell SJW bullshit. it is ok if Mulan have a romance is just the cherry in the cake. it adds to the history and charachter.
      I agree with you, but wow, language.

      No it's nothing to do with SJW it's just the fact that not every single disney princess movie needs a romance, I mean I enjoy the classic movies but I mean they are pretty shallow on story. I mean some of the movies I only watched once because of aesthetics. I mean Brave wasn't the best disney princess movie, but it's a bit more enjoyable watching someone on an adventure without the need of prince(or god) being romantically involved. Romance is fine and Disney isn't bad at it just doesn't need to happen in every movie about princesses, that can't be that hard to ask.

        Loading editor
    • Sendaa wrote:
      Ycrmao wrote:
      Papermaniac wrote:
      Sendaa wrote:
      We seriously don't need a Mulan situation. She can be strong and heroic and doesn't need to have a romance hamfisted into the story with the male lead.
      I smell SJW bullshit. it is ok if Mulan have a romance is just the cherry in the cake. it adds to the history and charachter.
      I agree with you, but wow, language.
      No it's nothing to do with SJW it's just the fact that not every single disney princess movie needs a romance, I mean I enjoy the classic movies but I mean they are pretty shallow on story. I mean some of the movies I only watched once because of aesthetics. I mean Brave wasn't the best disney princess movie, but it's a bit more enjoyable watching someone on an adventure without the need of prince(or god) being romantically involved. Romance is fine and Disney isn't bad at it just doesn't need to happen in every movie about princesses, that can't be that hard to ask.

      Exactly!!

        Loading editor
    • Popprincess wrote:
      What do you guys think ?

      Unkudos,

        Loading editor
    • I've never heard such a stupid thing

        Loading editor
    • Sendaa wrote:
      We seriously don't need a Mulan situation. She can be strong and heroic and doesn't need to have a romance hamfisted into the story with the male lead.

      I feel like Mulan got a love interest for two reasons. 1) After Mulan's experience with the matchmaker, the matchmaker tells her that she will never bring her family honor even though she looks like a bride. It basically meant that she would never be the perfect bride for anyone. Shang proved the matchmaker wrong by choosing Mulan as his bride. Though I'm not saying the only reason Shang was there was to be a love interest for Mulan and make a point. 2) Disney was still in that "if she's a princess and/or main female character then she still has to have a love interest" phase. Mulan was certainly a more "proactive" character than the earlier princesses but that didn't mean she was safe from getting a love interest at that time. That's just how I see it but I see what you mean though.

        Loading editor
    • I think Disney should do whatever inspires them, and stop trying to please people to make them stop complaining. There's nothing wrong with romantic relationships but most people can tell when it's forced in.

        Loading editor
    • Eeyup

        Loading editor
    • Disney4Lyfe wrote:
      Thesuicidesquad wrote:
      I think this princess won't have prince, like Merida.
      Yes, I believe so too.

      Amen to that besides I fail to see any romantic connection.

        Loading editor
    • Sage Serendipity wrote:
      I think Disney should do whatever inspires them, and stop trying to please people to make them stop complaining. There's nothing wrong with romantic relationships but most people can tell when it's forced in.

      Agreed because from what I have seen of the feminist complaints they're just being spoiled brats.

        Loading editor
    • Nameless0123 wrote:
      Sage Serendipity wrote:
      I think Disney should do whatever inspires them, and stop trying to please people to make them stop complaining. There's nothing wrong with romantic relationships but most people can tell when it's forced in.
      Agreed because from what I have seen of the feminist complaints they're just being spoiled brats.


      Ah the anti-feminist "lol children" accusation while acting like a spoiled, frightened brat yourself. Priceless.


      Considering 100.96% of all Disney princesses get engaged, yes, it is a rather large problem that only FOUR non-old female characters chose not to marry (and Judy Hopps is pratically confirmed to be engaged to Nick due to fan demmand). Especially given how forced and unorganic it was in some films.

        Loading editor
    • Falconfly wrote:
      Nameless0123 wrote:
      Sage Serendipity wrote:
      I think Disney should do whatever inspires them, and stop trying to please people to make them stop complaining. There's nothing wrong with romantic relationships but most people can tell when it's forced in.
      Agreed because from what I have seen of the feminist complaints they're just being spoiled brats.

      Ah the anti-feminist "lol children" accusation while acting like a spoiled, frightened brat yourself. Priceless.


      Considering 100.96% of all Disney princesses get engaged, yes, it is a rather large problem that only FOUR non-old female characters chose not to marry (and Judy Hopps is pratically confirmed to be engaged to Nick due to fan demmand). Especially given how forced and unorganic it was in some films.

      I have no issues with female characters who do not marry and I am not being spoiled I am simply annoyed and tired of feminists because of how much they demand sometimes.

        Loading editor
    • Falconfly wrote:
      Nameless0123 wrote:
      Sage Serendipity wrote:
      I think Disney should do whatever inspires them, and stop trying to please people to make them stop complaining. There's nothing wrong with romantic relationships but most people can tell when it's forced in.
      Agreed because from what I have seen of the feminist complaints they're just being spoiled brats.

      Ah the anti-feminist "lol children" accusation while acting like a spoiled, frightened brat yourself. Priceless.


      Considering 100.96% of all Disney princesses get engaged, yes, it is a rather large problem that only FOUR non-old female characters chose not to marry (and Judy Hopps is pratically confirmed to be engaged to Nick due to fan demmand). Especially given how forced and unorganic it was in some films.

      Hugh Mungus.....

        Loading editor
    • Sage Serendipity wrote:
      I think Disney should do whatever inspires them, and stop trying to please people to make them stop complaining. There's nothing wrong with romantic relationships but most people can tell when it's forced in.

      I cannot agree more. Having seen Moana, I can safely say her story did not warrant a love interest, and I'm glad they didn't feel they had to shoehorn one in just because she's a "didney prinsass and all prinsasses hab dem." 

        Loading editor
    • TRIMC 95 wrote:
      Falconfly wrote:
      Nameless0123 wrote:
      Sage Serendipity wrote:
      I think Disney should do whatever inspires them, and stop trying to please people to make them stop complaining. There's nothing wrong with romantic relationships but most people can tell when it's forced in.
      Agreed because from what I have seen of the feminist complaints they're just being spoiled brats.

      Ah the anti-feminist "lol children" accusation while acting like a spoiled, frightened brat yourself. Priceless.


      Considering 100.96% of all Disney princesses get engaged, yes, it is a rather large problem that only FOUR non-old female characters chose not to marry (and Judy Hopps is pratically confirmed to be engaged to Nick due to fan demmand). Especially given how forced and unorganic it was in some films.

      Hugh Mungus.....

      Hugh Mungus what?

        Loading editor
    • Nsanity64 wrote:
      TRIMC 95 wrote:
      Falconfly wrote:
      Nameless0123 wrote:
      Sage Serendipity wrote:
      I think Disney should do whatever inspires them, and stop trying to please people to make them stop complaining. There's nothing wrong with romantic relationships but most people can tell when it's forced in.
      Agreed because from what I have seen of the feminist complaints they're just being spoiled brats.

      Ah the anti-feminist "lol children" accusation while acting like a spoiled, frightened brat yourself. Priceless.


      Considering 100.96% of all Disney princesses get engaged, yes, it is a rather large problem that only FOUR non-old female characters chose not to marry (and Judy Hopps is pratically confirmed to be engaged to Nick due to fan demmand). Especially given how forced and unorganic it was in some films.

      Hugh Mungus.....
      Hugh Mungus what?

      That's what it is, Hugh Mungus.

        Loading editor
    • TRIMC 95 wrote:
      Nsanity64 wrote:
      TRIMC 95 wrote:
      Falconfly wrote:
      Nameless0123 wrote:
      Sage Serendipity wrote:
      I think Disney should do whatever inspires them, and stop trying to please people to make them stop complaining. There's nothing wrong with romantic relationships but most people can tell when it's forced in.
      Agreed because from what I have seen of the feminist complaints they're just being spoiled brats.

      Ah the anti-feminist "lol children" accusation while acting like a spoiled, frightened brat yourself. Priceless.


      Considering 100.96% of all Disney princesses get engaged, yes, it is a rather large problem that only FOUR non-old female characters chose not to marry (and Judy Hopps is pratically confirmed to be engaged to Nick due to fan demmand). Especially given how forced and unorganic it was in some films.

      Hugh Mungus.....
      Hugh Mungus what?
      That's what it is, Hugh Mungus.

      Plot twist: Moana actually ends up with Hugh Mungus in the end. 

        Loading editor
    • - First, I'm not a princess.

      - Same difference. If you wear a dress and you have an animal sidekick, you're a princess.

      - Did you just assume my gender?? Is that sexual harassment? 

      - No...

      - Ocean, this person just sexually harassed me! He spoke to me in a sexually harassing way!!!!

        Loading editor
    • Nsanity64 wrote:

      TRIMC 95 wrote:
      Nsanity64 wrote:
      TRIMC 95 wrote:
      Falconfly wrote:
      Nameless0123 wrote:
      Sage Serendipity wrote:
      I think Disney should do whatever inspires them, and stop trying to please people to make them stop complaining. There's nothing wrong with romantic relationships but most people can tell when it's forced in.
      Agreed because from what I have seen of the feminist complaints they're just being spoiled brats.

      Ah the anti-feminist "lol children" accusation while acting like a spoiled, frightened brat yourself. Priceless.


      Considering 100.96% of all Disney princesses get engaged, yes, it is a rather large problem that only FOUR non-old female characters chose not to marry (and Judy Hopps is pratically confirmed to be engaged to Nick due to fan demmand). Especially given how forced and unorganic it was in some films.

      Hugh Mungus.....
      Hugh Mungus what?
      That's what it is, Hugh Mungus.

      Plot twist: Moana actually ends up with Hugh Mungus in the end. 

      Lol. 😂😂😂

        Loading editor
    • Maui is thousands of years old and Moana is like 16 that's gross and second too cliche plus they're just friends alright? Not every movie has to end with people getting married Disney is not THAT cliche anymore

        Loading editor
    • Why this threath is still a thing? we all saw the movie, we know how it ends, the answer is no. stop commenting

        Loading editor
    • Papermaniac wrote:
      Why this threath is still a thing? we all saw the movie, we know how it ends, the answer is no. stop commenting

      Yeah this thread needs to be closed now

        Loading editor
    • The message is clear. With Moana, love story and wedding are not necessary !!!! Stop commenting

        Loading editor
    • This Prince and Princess stuff doesn't always need to do with love people. It can do with what their values in common are, what their main beliefs are, what their qualities are, how well they understand each other so good support can be shared, or enjoying each other enough to do lots of outings together while just being sidekicks who visit each other frequently, and protect each other too. 

        Loading editor
    • No!!! He's like over a 1000 years old and Moana is 14 years old.Thats just gross. Not every Disney Princess movie needs to end with a paired romantic couple. This is more of a journey of self discovery and finding your path in life. 

        Loading editor
    • Can somebody close this thread already? Im sick of it.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message