FANDOM


  • For a while now, I've had an idea brewing in my head for a new Lion King movie. I don't know how many people had a similar idea to the one I had now, but here goes.

    What if it is a movie that not only focuses on the events of the movie from Scar's perspective, but also serves as somewhat of a prequel that explains why Scar grew to hate his brother, why did he become evil, you know stuff like that. Maleficent had a similar idea, but I felt like it didn't truly succeed. If done right, THIS could. Because while the original was based off of Hamlet, a movie about Scar could be more like MacBeth, because, like MacBeth, it could show the rise and fall of this lion. How he turns from a kind and loving brother at childhood into a sadistic tyrant as an adult.

    Does anyone think this is a good idea in any way? If you don't think so, then why not?

    SeriousScarThelionking
      Loading editor
    • I think the Lion King prequel books more than settled that bit. That being said, they could pull a DC Universe Animated Original Movie-type adaptation of one of those books and settle for it as well.

        Loading editor
    • Weedle McHairybug wrote:
      I think the Lion King prequel books more than settled that bit. That being said, they could pull a DC Universe Animated Original Movie-type adaptation of one of those books and settle for it as well.

      There were prequel books? I have never heard of such things. 

        Loading editor
    • Cloverfield monster wrote:

      Weedle McHairybug wrote:
      I think the Lion King prequel books more than settled that bit. That being said, they could pull a DC Universe Animated Original Movie-type adaptation of one of those books and settle for it as well.

      There were prequel books? I have never heard of such things. 

      Yeah, they did. Six prequel books, as a matter of fact.

        Loading editor
    • Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      Cloverfield monster wrote:

      Weedle McHairybug wrote:
      I think the Lion King prequel books more than settled that bit. That being said, they could pull a DC Universe Animated Original Movie-type adaptation of one of those books and settle for it as well.
      There were prequel books? I have never heard of such things. 
      Yeah, they did. Six prequel books, as a matter of fact.

      That doesn't mean a prequel/another perspective movie would be a waste of time, right?

        Loading editor
    • Cloverfield monster wrote:

      Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      Cloverfield monster wrote:

      Weedle McHairybug wrote:
      I think the Lion King prequel books more than settled that bit. That being said, they could pull a DC Universe Animated Original Movie-type adaptation of one of those books and settle for it as well.
      There were prequel books? I have never heard of such things. 
      Yeah, they did. Six prequel books, as a matter of fact.

      That doesn't mean a prequel/another perspective movie would be a waste of time, right?

      That's why I mentioned a DC Universe Animated Original Movie-type adaptation of one of the books.

        Loading editor
    • Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      Cloverfield monster wrote:

      Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      Cloverfield monster wrote:


      Weedle McHairybug wrote:
      I think the Lion King prequel books more than settled that bit. That being said, they could pull a DC Universe Animated Original Movie-type adaptation of one of those books and settle for it as well.
      There were prequel books? I have never heard of such things. 
      Yeah, they did. Six prequel books, as a matter of fact.
      That doesn't mean a prequel/another perspective movie would be a waste of time, right?
      That's why I mentioned a DC Universe Animated Original Movie-type adaptation of one of the books.

      You mean like a direct-to-DVD thing and not a theatrical release?

        Loading editor
    • Cloverfield monster wrote:

      Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      Cloverfield monster wrote:

      Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      Cloverfield monster wrote:


      Weedle McHairybug wrote:
      I think the Lion King prequel books more than settled that bit. That being said, they could pull a DC Universe Animated Original Movie-type adaptation of one of those books and settle for it as well.
      There were prequel books? I have never heard of such things. 
      Yeah, they did. Six prequel books, as a matter of fact.
      That doesn't mean a prequel/another perspective movie would be a waste of time, right?
      That's why I mentioned a DC Universe Animated Original Movie-type adaptation of one of the books.

      You mean like a direct-to-DVD thing and not a theatrical release?

      Err, that, and basically adapting the book either way, as a lot of those movies were adaptations of specific DC stories (for example, Batman: Under the Red Hood was an adaptation of both Batman: Death in the Family and Batman: Under the Hood, The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 and 2 are adaptations of The Dark Knight Returns, etc.).

        Loading editor
    • Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      Cloverfield monster wrote:

      Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      Cloverfield monster wrote:


      Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      Cloverfield monster wrote:


      Weedle McHairybug wrote:
      I think the Lion King prequel books more than settled that bit. That being said, they could pull a DC Universe Animated Original Movie-type adaptation of one of those books and settle for it as well.
      There were prequel books? I have never heard of such things. 
      Yeah, they did. Six prequel books, as a matter of fact.
      That doesn't mean a prequel/another perspective movie would be a waste of time, right?
      That's why I mentioned a DC Universe Animated Original Movie-type adaptation of one of the books.
      You mean like a direct-to-DVD thing and not a theatrical release?
      Err, that, and basically adapting the book either way, as a lot of those movies were adaptations of specific DC stories (for example, Batman: Under the Red Hood was an adaptation of both Batman: Death in the Family and Batman: Under the Hood, The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 and 2 are adaptations of The Dark Knight Returns, etc.).

      Interesting.

        Loading editor
    • As much as I like the original film, I don't think I would like to see a prequel.

        Loading editor
    • Since Emma Watson is in the live action Beauty and the Beast. I say Daniel Radcliffe be the perfect Simba for the live action.

        Loading editor
    • The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar acted like a 'The Lion King 4'.

        Loading editor
    • What if negan was scar for the live action one

        Loading editor
    • Cloverfield monster wrote:
      For a while now, I've had an idea brewing in my head for a new Lion King movie. I don't know how many people had a similar idea to the one I had now, but here goes.

      What if it is a movie that not only focuses on the events of the movie from Scar's perspective, but also serves as somewhat of a prequel that explains why Scar grew to hate his brother, why did he become evil, you know stuff like that. Maleficent had a similar idea, but I felt like it didn't truly succeed. If done right, THIS could. Because while the original was based off of Hamlet, a movie about Scar could be more like MacBeth, because, like MacBeth, it could show the rise and fall of this lion. How he turns from a kind and loving brother at childhood into a sadistic tyrant as an adult.

      Does anyone think this is a good idea in any way? If you don't think so, then why not?

      SeriousScarThelionking

      or Lion king 4: Kion's return (as an adult or something)

        Loading editor
    • How about... something that recycles one of Shakespears work and has room to involve Kion?

        Loading editor
    • Mystic Monkey wrote:
      How about... something that recycles one of Shakespears work and has room to involve Kion?

      That could also work since the Lion king is influnced by Macbeth (I think) and the LK2 is inspired by Romeo and julliet (but without the main leads dying)

        Loading editor
    • Gracekim12 wrote:

      Mystic Monkey wrote:
      How about... something that recycles one of Shakespears work and has room to involve Kion?

      That could also work since the Lion king is influnced by Macbeth (I think) and the LK2 is inspired by Romeo and julliet (but without the main leads dying)

      So far, this is my idea for a LK3

      The prologue before the movies title is Rafiki, who is now too old for rafiki-ing, telling a group of animals (Or the Lion Guard, or Kovu and Kions cubs) the story of how he once had a friend who studied with him in shamanism. When Rafiki graduated or prooved superior to his friend, the baboon was jealous and used dark practices to cheat and become better than him. After the two fought, the baboon was exposed, shamed and expelled. Rafiki was sad for the loss of his closest friend.

      After the intro of the movie we're introduced to the two teen cubs of Kovu and Kiara. (I haven't decided their genders or names yet but for now lets call these boys Kufuo and Sefu) Like Scar, Kufuo, the younger cub wants the throne and is clear about this to his brother Sefu, but Sefu being a nice guy and a bit of a softy promises him a good place in court when they rule. While Kufuo isn't entirely content, still appreciates the gesture. Despite Kufuo protest, they explored the Outlands. Kufuo falls and gets trapped in a pit or a gauge and Sefu has to go and get help. While trapped and scared Kufuo meets a black-fur baboon who tells him his prediciment was no accident and that his older brother realise and fears great potential in him, for it is Kufuo who should be king.

      The baboon shows Kufuo a way out of the pit through Scars old underground lair while singing a villainy song. When Kovu and Sefu find he made it out alright, they were happy, though Sefu notice he's a bit more cold towards him.

      After awhile, Sefu apologizes to Kefuo for the incident in the Outland, while Kufou resents his brother he forgives and leaves it at that. The baboon returns and tries to convince him to assure power by ridding of his brother. Kufuo maybe the jealous sort that may be a "Scar-ish" lion but fratricide is too much for him. But the baboon promises to sort it out in his favour.

      So the baboon pulls some shenanigans that brings some shame to the royal family because of Sefu and make Sefu end up with self-doubt issues. Kufou convinces him he's better off gone. So Sefu says his goodbyes to his family and runs away.

      Sefu's travels ended up meeting his uncle Kion. Kion gives him some african saying that disney can market from and through a montage trains him up to be worthy of being king.

      So Kion and Sefu return to the Pridelands only to find that Kufou has grown up Scar-like and has taken the throne after their parents passed away. Kufou says Sefu willingly gave up the throne when he left and he was rightful king. Sefu accuses him of killing their parents (whyhe would believe this, I dunno, maybe the baboon said this to Sefu) in which ensures a fight between the two brothers with the baboon egging them on. Despite Kufou about to kill Sefu and go full on Lion villain, he permits mercy.

      The baboon being angry tries to kill Sefu which angers Kefou. The baboon accidentally lets slipped he killed their parents (Or if the baboon told Sefu Kufou murdered their parents, Sefu would work out who the true murderer was). The baboon wanted to rule the pridelands but since he wasn't a lion, tried to be establish a puppet-king.

      So Sefu and Kufuo team up to fight the baboon who uses some potions and trickery, but justice/revenge is served and the baboon dies.

      Kufou apologized for all he had done towards Sefu and passes rightful rulership towards him. Seeing himself no worse than Scar himself, he'd rather leave for the Outlands than shame his family anymore. Sefu and Uncle Kion knows he is very sorry. Instead of banishment they allowed him to stay on the royal court as the new leader of the Lion Guard, fufilling his brothers promise of a good place in his court and making everyone happy.

      The End.

      What I like about this story is that Kufou looks rather like Scar and his behavior will make the audience believe he'll end up the baddy, but turns out he's an alright guy in the end.

        Loading editor
    • Mystic Monkey wrote:

      Gracekim12 wrote:

      Mystic Monkey wrote:
      How about... something that recycles one of Shakespears work and has room to involve Kion?
      That could also work since the Lion king is influnced by Macbeth (I think) and the LK2 is inspired by Romeo and julliet (but without the main leads dying)
      So far, this is my idea for a LK3

      The prologue before the movies title is Rafiki, who is now too old for rafiki-ing, telling a group of animals (Or the Lion Guard, or Kovu and Kions cubs) the story of how he once had a friend who studied with him in shamanism. When Rafiki graduated or prooved superior to his friend, the baboon was jealous and used dark practices to cheat and become better than him. After the two fought, the baboon was exposed, shamed and expelled. Rafiki was sad for the loss of his closest friend.

      After the intro of the movie we're introduced to the two teen cubs of Kovu and Kiara. (I haven't decided their genders or names yet but for now lets call these boys Kufuo and Sefu) Like Scar, Kufuo, the younger cub wants the throne and is clear about this to his brother Sefu, but Sefu being a nice guy and a bit of a softy promises him a good place in court when they rule. While Kufuo isn't entirely content, still appreciates the gesture. Despite Kufuo protest, they explored the Outlands. Kufuo falls and gets trapped in a pit or a gauge and Sefu has to go and get help. While trapped and scared Kufuo meets a black-fur baboon who tells him his prediciment was no accident and that his older brother realise and fears great potential in him, for it is Kufuo who should be king.

      The baboon shows Kufuo a way out of the pit through Scars old underground lair while singing a villainy song. When Kovu and Sefu find he made it out alright, they were happy, though Sefu notice he's a bit more cold towards him.

      After awhile, Sefu apologizes to Kefuo for the incident in the Outland, while Kufou resents his brother he forgives and leaves it at that. The baboon returns and tries to convince him to assure power by ridding of his brother. Kufuo maybe the jealous sort that may be a "Scar-ish" lion but fratricide is too much for him. But the baboon promises to sort it out in his favour.

      So the baboon pulls some shenanigans that brings some shame to the royal family because of Sefu and make Sefu end up with self-doubt issues. Kufou convinces him he's better off gone. So Sefu says his goodbyes to his family and runs away.

      Sefu's travels ended up meeting his uncle Kion. Kion gives him some african saying that disney can market from and through a montage trains him up to be worthy of being king.

      So Kion and Sefu return to the Pridelands only to find that Kufou has grown up Scar-like and has taken the throne after their parents passed away. Kufou says Sefu willingly gave up the throne when he left and he was rightful king. Sefu accuses him of killing their parents (whyhe would believe this, I dunno, maybe the baboon said this to Sefu) in which ensures a fight between the two brothers with the baboon egging them on. Despite Kufou about to kill Sefu and go full on Lion villain, he permits mercy.

      The baboon being angry tries to kill Sefu which angers Kefou. The baboon accidentally lets slipped he killed their parents (Or if the baboon told Sefu Kufou murdered their parents, Sefu would work out who the true murderer was). The baboon wanted to rule the pridelands but since he wasn't a lion, tried to be establish a puppet-king.

      So Sefu and Kufuo team up to fight the baboon who uses some potions and trickery, but justice/revenge is served and the baboon dies.

      Kufou apologized for all he had done towards Sefu and passes rightful rulership towards him. Seeing himself no worse than Scar himself, he'd rather leave for the Outlands than shame his family anymore. Sefu and Uncle Kion knows he is very sorry. Instead of banishment they allowed him to stay on the royal court as the new leader of the Lion Guard, fufilling his brothers promise of a good place in his court and making everyone happy.

      The End.

      What I like about this story is that Kufou looks rather like Scar and his behavior will make the audience believe he'll end up the baddy, but turns out he's an alright guy in the end.

      I like it

        Loading editor
    • Sounds like a great idea.

        Loading editor
    • Explaining the rise and fall of Scar would make sense for sure. especially if we include his parents, not just memories. I'd add the orginal scenes of his mom found on the Lion King Wiki Fandom Powered By Wikia  itself. I'd also add Rafiki telling stories that are in his special magazines also on Lion King Wiki Fandom Powered By Wikia. 


      I'd show a scene of Zazu being welcomed to Pride Rock too


      Scar's behavior  in this new movie could be done similar to Two Brothers which is a tiger story.

        Loading editor
    • Sounds awesome.

        Loading editor
    • Would it matter if we added a new animal to the movie TheOne1000????? Every time I'm thinking about brand new Lion King / Lion Guard things that would probably give the show a good chance of popularity increasing again by making the messages of loyalty, and trust clearer, it's a handy pack of African Wild Dogs I visualize. I just think whether it's the TV series or the Live Action movie coming up that would be the better choice to add the handy African Wild Dog pack to, or if they'd be actually good for both casts.


      Who I'd let these handy African Wild Dogs help Whether added to Lion Guard TV Series or Added To The Live Action Lion King Movie.

      Reirei's jackal pack, speaking for them when Simba's mad, so the big picture is clearer

      Bunga when he's struggling near lava or cliffs, so he's not hurt or captured

      Fuli when she needs help chasing a Pride Rock Enemy like Shenzi or Janja, so they're blocked

      Jasiri, when she need quick help to escape Janja's clan, because she's Kion's friends

      Kovu, when he's needs help near the outlands, so he feels more of his freedom

      Simba when he's seems to need advice of how to compromise especially after enemies come

      Zazu and Rafiki  when there's a serious report these two aren't aware of yet

      Help Kion When he needs to be active to chase the hyenas away from the Pride Lands


      Because of my loyalty for Canidae (dog family) my hope to add African Wild Dogs isn't high but it's firm for sure.

        Loading editor
    • That sounds really cool.

        Loading editor
    • Thank you very much The One1000. The Lion King, The Lion King 2 Simba's Pride, The Lion King 1 1/2 and The Lion Guard TV Series my recent blog explains scenes of these African Wild Dogs for all four motion pictures in case skillful movie formers and big fans of these lions wish to introduce what the animated videos kept secret.


      You're quite welcome to read my recent blog. Admin on Lion Guard Wiki understand how firm my hope is for African Wild Dogs being added to this story, but you're the first one on this wiki who understood accurately I've been wishing to help the movies' popularity increase as well as help the main events of this long story improve, mainly so the message is less confusing to the majority of its fans. Others  esepcially GraceKim12 have only thought of my idea as fanfiction. You're the one who has the right idea though, it's me doing my best to offer the Lion King collection my best support whether movie or TV.

        Loading editor
    • LionGuardEscort198 wrote:
      Thank you very much The One1000. The Lion King, The Lion King 2 Simba's Pride, The Lion King 1 1/2 and The Lion Guard TV Series my recent blog explains scenes of these African Wild Dogs for all four motion pictures in case skillful movie formers and big fans of these lions wish to introduce what the animated videos kept secret.


      You're quite welcome to read my recent blog. Admin on Lion Guard Wiki understand how firm my hope is for African Wild Dogs being added to this story, but you're the first one on this wiki who understood accurately I've been wishing to help the movies' popularity increase as well as help the main events of this long story improve, mainly so the message is less confusing to the majority of its fans. Others  esepcially GraceKim12 have only thought of my idea as fanfiction. You're the one who has the right idea though, it's me doing my best to offer the Lion King collection my best support whether movie or TV.

      for god sake, I'm RIGHT HERE!

        Loading editor
    • Quit it GraceKim now you've shown proof of doing argument over this idea while The One1000 thoughtfully showed respect clearly not being as picky about what and who to add. You've overdone your complaints of my idea actually for months, but you don't confess it. 

      Even if crankiness is what you feel you don't need to shout. I knew you weren't going to hide from this comment, it's real grattitude I'm offering The One1000 though, not abusive complaints of your difficult reactions.

        Loading editor
    • ABUSIVE?! You won't SHUT UP ABOUT THE DOGS!

        Loading editor
    • I'll Only Keep My Personal Strength with Flexiblity and Tolerance. Even With Your insulting words I won't pretend to be who I'm not. That's the truthful confession that you hate to say about yourself GraceKim12, you enoy insulting those you don't like the imagination, opinion, or comments of or those you dislike the strength of.  


      I won't quit loving the animals who I'm emotionally fluent enough with to be comforted by either, that's what brings up my dog speech.  True loyalty and deep love that never leave my heart. Plus caring about the balance of the planet's nature.

        Loading editor
    • Please Bring Back Bhati who already has concept pictures, but not yet film scenes, Bhati would increase enjoyment for several Lion King fans not only me Bhati's a Bat-eared Fox. She'd be one of the characters to give the live-action of chance to beat the animated films. In concept pictures Bhati is the childhood friend of Simba and Nala.

        Loading editor
    • Who here is excited about the live action Lion King movie?

        Loading editor
    • Sparrows, Swallows my, one of Africa's owls my ideas, and an Eagle / Hawk, as well as Drongos these are some  birds the Lion Guard TV series has just so adding wilderness won't be too difficult in this live-action film


      I'm excited about this live-action movie especially it will probably show things that the  animated movie didn't show at all.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message