Sangster was born in London. He lives with his sister, Ava, and his parents, actors Anastasia "Tasha" Bertram and Mark Ernest Sangster. His father, who is also a musician and film editor, starred in the musical adaptation of The Lion King in Germany. Sangster is the second cousin once removed of actor Hugh Grant, alongside whom he appeared in Love Actually; his great-grandmother, Barbara Bertram, and Grant's grandmother were sisters. Sangster's great-grandfather, Anthony Bertram, was a novelist.
Sangster plays the bass guitar, and he learned to play left-handed in order to portray the left-handed Paul McCartney in the feature film Nowhere Boy. His other film credits include the mischievous Simon in the Universal film, Nanny McPhee.
Thomas Brodie-Sangster's hobbies include playing tennis, painting, drawing, and skating.
- "At school you're treated as a child and that's it. On a film set you're treated as an actor, as a better person, which sounds awful but it's true. Teachers are a higher authority in some ways. But I like that because it grounds me and I like my friends because they don't care and they know I've been filming and that's it, they don't care. And as soon as I start rambling on about it they tell me to shut up. And I like that because again that brings me back down and I don't want to get too far out there."
- "I find it weird the way people get so excited about celebrity. If my friends are on the phone, their friends will say: 'Is that kid from Love Actually there?' And the phone gets passed round and I have to speak to this stranger asking: 'Are you famous?' I don't know how to answer."
- in an interview about filming in the United States
- interviewer - "What do you miss most about England?"
- Will Poulter - "His own bed?"
- Thomas Brodie-Sansger - "No, I'm a bit of a sofa-surfer. It's my mum"
- interviewer - "Your mum? Aw, that's sweet"
- Thomas Brodie-Sangster is the voice actor for the few lines of Ferb Fletcher
- He plays the role of Newt in the 2014 film, The Maze Runner
- In a tweet about the Maze Runner cast, Sangster says that he's glad he finally gets to play a role where he keeps his British accent as Newt
- Thomas is 5' 10" in height
- He has won Golden Nymph at Monte Carlo Television Festival: Best Actor in a mini-series for Entrusted in 2003
- He's been nominated for several awards including:
- Phoenix Film Critics Society Awards: Best Performance by Youth in a Leading or Supporting Role – Male (in Love Actually in 2004)
- Phoenix Film Critics Society Awards: Best Ensemble Acting for Love Actually(in 2004)
- Satellite Awards: Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role, Comedy or Musical (in Love Actually in 2004)
- Young Artist Award: Best Performance in a Feature Film – Supporting Young Actor (in Love Actually in 2004)
- Young Artist Award: Best Performance in a Feature Film – Young Ensemble Cast (in Nanny McPhee in 2007)
- Young Artist Award: Best Performance in a Feature Film – Leading Young Actor (in Nanny McPhee in 2007)
- Young Artist Award: Best Performance in an International Feature Film – Leading Young Performer (in Last Legion in 2008)
- Sangster established Brodie Films in 2006 with his mother, Tasha Bertram
- His first unchaperoned acting role was in the 2007 series, Doctor Who.
- Sangster's favorites foods are bagels, eggs, and Worcestershire sauce
- Sangster's first appearance on screen was in the BBC TV movie, The Adventures of Station Jim.
- His first starring role was as Craig Shergold in The Miracle of the Cards
- Sangster had to learn how to play the guitar for his starring role in Love Actually
- Will Poulter and Ki Hong Lee gave him the nickname "Thomas Brodie-Gangster"
- Sangster currently voices John Tracy on the CITV series Thunderbirds Are Go.
Filmography and television
|2007–present||Phineas and Ferb||Ferb Fletcher||Second time working with Olivia Olson|
|2011||Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension||Ferb, Ferb 2||Disney Channel Original Movie|
|2015||Star Wars: The Force Awakens||First Order Officer||Lucasfilm/Disney Production|
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Thomas Sangster. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|