The World That Never Was is an abyssal world with a perpetually night-time atmosphere. Among the ground, several buildings rise to form the Dark City, giving the world an urban setting and lighting. Overhead the Dark City is the Castle that Never Was, where Organization XIII operates. The artificial Kingdom Hearts floats in the sky acting as the moon. The World That Never Was is very close to the darkness of Kingdom Hearts, allowing Heartless to flourish here.
- Dark City - the district that comprises most of the world, the Dark City is an expansive area where many Heartless and Nobodies run amok. Most of it gets destroyed during the battle against Xemnas.
- Fragment Crossing (断片を紡ぐ道 Danpen o Tsumugu Michi , lit. "Fragment-Spinning Road") - A series of streets that lead to Memory's Skyscraper. It is full of neon signs attached to vacant buildings as well as a power plant which seems to power some or all of the city.
- Memory's Skyscraper (記憶の摩天楼 Kioku no Matenrō ) - A tall building in the World That Never Was. It has a massive television screen that seems to flash images of memories of those nearby. Roxas and Riku did battle on this building.
- Castle That Never Was
- Main article: Castle That Never Was
- The World of Nothing - An empty void that was used by Xemnas during the battle against Sora and Riku. It can be accessed through a constantly-shifting complex of skyscrapers, the Castle and platforms.
- Avenue to Dreams - A large area of twisting alleys and skyscrapers, several of which are adorned in blue and white stripes
- Contorted City - An area of buildings emerging from a canyon of blue-green rock and coated in blue-green mist. Many buildings float on chunks of rock separate from the road.
- Nightmarish Abyss - A large open plaza surrounded by skyscrapers and bordered by an abyss that is spanned by floating skyscrapers laid on their sides, hence its name.
|This page uses content from the Kingdom Hearts Wiki The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with DisneyWiki, the text of the Kingdom Hearts Wiki is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|