The Whalers is a Mickey Mouse animated short film released on August 19, 1938 to be directed by Dick Heumer and produced by Walt Disney. The plotline of the short is a parody of the book, that loosely based on the novel Moby-Dick by Herman Melville.
While Captain Mickey struggles to empty a pail of water, Donald gets his head stuck in Goofy's boot that's tied to a harpoon rope, and in trying to save him, Goofy falls through the blowhole of the whale they're trying to capture.
- This was one of the shorts featured as a level in Epic Mickey.
- Mickey does not speak in this short.
- This is the last time Pinto Colvig would voice Goofy before his departure from Disney in the late 1930s. He would return in the mid-1940s in How to Be a Sailor.
- This cartoon served as an inspiration for Monstro in Pinocchio, which was in production at that time.
- Disneyland, episode #4.24: "Four Tales on a Mouse"
- Good Morning, Mickey, episode #3
- Disney's Coyote Tales (1991)(TV movie)
- Mickey's Mouse Tracks, episode #70
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #21
- The Ink and Paint Club, episode #1.10: "Mickey, Donald and Goofy: Friends to the End"
- Have a Laugh!, episode #16
- Treasures from the Disney Vault, March 9, 2016
- Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck Cartoon Collections, Volume One
- Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Living Color
- Epic Mickey Collector's Edition Bonus Disc
- Have a Laugh!: Volume 3
|Previous Mickey Mouse short:||Next Mickey Mouse short:|
|Mickey's Trailer||Mickey's Parrot|