Little Jack Horner is based on Henry VIII supposing to get a deed of land as a present December 25th, but instead it falls into the hands of Jack Horner who gets the land himself. Mary, Mary, quite Contrary is based on Mary, Queen of Scots who indeed was quite contrary! She married Henry, Lord Darnley and proceeded to do all that brought ill to Scotland, such as executing Darnley, fighting Queen Elizabeth I of England and ending up abdicating her throne. In London Bridge is falling down, Ludwig Von Drake tells us the history of the bridge which was renown all over the world. Houses were built on it. Then the London Fire weakened it so that was crumbling, and the mocking song "London Bridge is Falling Down" was sung.
It was demolished in 1823. Ludwig Von Drake then tells a fairy tale (Footage of the Mickey and the Beanstalk segment of the movie Fun and Fancy Free is used). Walt Disney then closes the show saying the only thing left to do is tell us about the next show.
- The Truth About Mother Goose
- Pinocchio (clip)
- Cinderella (clip)
- Sleeping Beauty (clip)
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (clip)
- Fun and Fancy Free (Mickey and the Beanstalk segment)
- Paul Frees - Ludwig Von Drake, Herman
- This particular version of Mickey and the Beanstalk was used for all home video releases of the standalone short.