Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
When night falls at a church cemetery, amidst howling dogs, hooting owls and fighting cats, four skeletons rise from their graves for macabre merriment. Dancing and playing music by using each other as instruments, the skeletons party until the rise of the sun, where they frantically rush back into their graves, forming a skeletal chimera to get back faster.
Being the original and one of the most popular Silly Symphonies, the skeletons have been long associated with the macabre side of Disney. They reappeared later in the year in the Mickey Mouse short Haunted House and would go on to appear in House of Mouse and be given a visual nod in Disneyland Paris' Phantom Manor in the underground catacombs sequence. A level based on the short appears in Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two as well as the short itself being included as an extra feature.
- Disneyland, episode #2.11: "The Story of the Animated Drawing"
- Good Morning, Mickey, episode #79
- The Ink and Paint Club, episode #1.4: "Disney Firsts"
- The Ink and Paint Club, episode #1.55: "Oooh! Scary!"
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Scary Tales (VHS/laserdisc)
- Walt Disney Treasures: Silly Symphonies (DVD)
- Walt Disney Treasures: The Adventures of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit (DVD)
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Diamond Edition (Blu-Ray)
- The Skeleton Dance makes an appearance in Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two as one of the projector transition levels.