Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
During Art Class, Sofia and the other students paint portraits of Minimus. After that, the class is given a new project: To make a model of their dream castle and bring it in for Show-and-Tell. Everyone is paired up for the project, and Sofia's partner is the shy Princess Vivian. Sofia goes over to introduce herself when the class is finished and says Vivian can come over to her castle to work on the project, but Vivian doesn't really want to but does agree to having Sofia go to her castle that afternoon instead. After school, Sofia is told rumors about Vivian by Amber and her friends: supposedly Vivian's parents are gnomes, she lives in a cave filled with glow-in-the-dark bats, and has a pet dragon. No one knows for sure if these rumors are true however since Vivian never talks to anyone and no one has ever been to her castle. Back home, Sofia is hanging out with James and Prince Zandar while they work on their castle when Miranda arrives to inform her that the coachman is waiting to take her to Vivian's castle. After her excuse to not go doesn't work, Sofia tells her mother about hearing that Vivian is strange, and that when she tried talking to her Vivian didn't say much. Miranda says she will not really know what Vivian is like until she truly gets to know her. Clover also offers to accompany her, which makes Sofia feel better.
When they arrive at Vivian's castle, Sofia is greeted by Vivian's mother, Queen Cecily, who suggests to Vivian that she show Sofia her room. Sofia is relieved that it seems none of the rumors about Vivian are true but it turns out she does have a pet dragon, Crackle, who is very friendly. Sofia admits that she was a little scared to come over after hearing the rumors from the other girls, and Vivian reveals she is well aware of what they say about her, but is too shy to confront them about it. While the girls leave to go work on their dream castle, Clover is left with Crackle, who breathes fire when excited, and does so often since she has an excitable personality, to his dismay. Sofia has all kinds of ideas for the dream castle, but since Vivian can't think of anything, Sofia suggests they go to her favorite room in the castle to get an idea. Vivian brings her to the music room, and says the mandolin in particular is her favorite instrument. Sofia asks her to play it and offers to sing along. Eventually Vivian joins in the singing and their castle is soon complete. Sofia tells her she should try talking to others at school so they can find out what kind of person she really is, but Vivian is still unsure.
The next day at school, Sofia and Vivian are talking about their dream castle when Amber and her friends enter the room, and Vivian ultimately gets too scared and runs away. Later that day, Sofia decides to go visit Vivian to check on her. Clover refuses to come along this time due to his fear of Crackle's fire breath, but in the end agrees to go with her. At Vivian's castle, Clover is quickly dragged off by Crackle to a room full of shish-kebabs, and finds out they taste better after she roasts them with her fire breath, making him re-think his opinion of her. Meanwhile, Sofia tells Vivian that everyone can get to know her tomorrow at show-and-tell, but Vivian would prefer that Sofia do all the talking, and nothing Sofia says makes her change her mind. When Sofia goes to retrieve Clover so they can leave, he shows her Crackle's talent for roasting food and his remark about talents gives her an idea. She goes back to Vivian's room and tells her she can play her mandolin while they both sing about the castle instead of talking about it, pointing out that Vivian became more confident after playing the mandolin last time. The next day at show-and-tell, Amber and Hildegard present their two castles, one for gowns and the other for shoes. Next is James and Zandar's castle, which is just a giant cannon. Finally it's Sofia and Vivian's turn. Vivian is scared at first, but with Sofia's encouragement, she is able to both play her instrument and sing without any problems. After they finish their presentation, Amber and the other girls come over, impressed by Vivian's musical talent and wanting to be friends.
Home Video Release
- Ariel Winter as Sofia
- Sara Ramirez as Queen Miranda
- Wayne Brady as Clover
- Darcy Rose Byrnes as Princess Amber
- Zach Callison as Prince James
- Ashley Eckstein as Mia
- Meghan Strange as Robin
- Barbara Dirickson as Flora / Queen Cecily
- Russi Taylor as Fauna
- Tress MacNeille as Merryweather
- Coco Grayson as Princess Hildegard
- Sabrina Carpenter as Princess Vivian
- Karan Brar as Prince Zandar
- Harley Graham as Princess Clio
- Eric Stonestreet as Minimus
- Ellie Kemper as Crackle
- When Vivian looks at the crowd shortly before her and Sofia's dream castle presentation, Clio, Hildegard and Amber have their fans up. Later when Vivian begins strumming her mandolin as the presentation begins, Clio, Hildegard and Amber do not have their fans up. A few scenes later, they do.
- Sofia says her dream castle is blue, but the one she and Vivian make is purple.
- Amber almost discovers Sofia's secret when she hears her giggling over Minimus' worrywart behavior but fails thanks to Sofia's quick thinking to get it shrugged off as nothing.
- This marks the second appearances of Minimus, Prince Hugo, and Sir Gilliam; their first appearances were in Just One of the Princes. However, Hugo and Sir Gilliam don't speak in this episode.
- This marks the first time Prince Hugo doesn't wear his black helmet throughout the episode despite wearing his flying derby practice clothes.
- This is Sofia's first visit in the Kingdom of Zumaria. This is also the first episode to have Sofia visit a different kingdom.
- This episode introduces Vivian's mother Queen Cecily whose voice actress is Barbara Drickson, same as Flora
- Moral: Never be so quick to judge others.