Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Windwagon Smith blows into town with a strange contraption: a Conestoga wagon outfitted with a wind sail. The town fathers figure that since a small windwagon does so well, a big one must do better. They set out to build one (while Smith woos the mayor's daughter) and launch it on its maiden voyage to very unexpected results.
- Several scenes were deleted from this short before it was re-released: Indians in the crowd running out into the prairie in fright; the mayor's daughter christening the ship with white lightning; the Indian figurehead on the ship that changes color when whacked with the jug and then breaks out into a huge, silly grin; and Asian stereotypes with buck teeth.
- In the 1970s, there was a proposal to create an expansion of Frontierland at Disneyland called "Land of Legends" to connect Bear Country to the proposed Discovery Bay area that included a dark ride based on Windwagon Smith alongside Western River Expedition and a dark ride based on The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. When the Discovery Bay project was scrapped, this expansion went with it.
- Pongo, Horace & Jasper, from "One Hundred And One Dalmatians", make Cameo Appearances, as inhabitants of the town?
- There is a dog that looks like a smaller version of Scooby-Doo.
- Some of the people and animals resemble the characters in the Walt Disney World version of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
Home video releases
- Walt Disney Treasures: Disney Rarities