Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- “The Tesseract has awakened. It is on a little world, a human world. They would wield its power, but our ally knows its workings as they never will. He is ready to lead, and our force, our Chitauri, will follow. A world will be his, the universe yours. And the humans, what can they do but burn?”
- ―The Other[src]
Thor: The Dark World Prelude
The Other serves Thanos, who is helping Loki Laufeyson. When Loki has arrived on Earth, Thanos is contacted by him, and the Other threatens the God of Mischief, declaring that if he fails in defeating the Earthlings, Thanos will make him know a new kind of suffering.
When eventually Loki is defeated, the Other complains to Thanos that the Earth's inhabitants are not as weak as they were supposed to be, he declares that challenging the Earth's heroes would be to court Death. To this, Thanos simply smiles.
>The Other still serves Thanos, who has enlisted the aid of Ronan, Korath and Nebula to find the Orb. Thanos promised Ronan that he will help Ronan destroy Xandar in exchange of his services. When Gamora is captured by the Nova Corps, The Other communicates with Ronan to inform him Thanos wants to have a meeting with him. Already in the Sanctuary of Thanos, Ronan blames Gamora for the loss but The Other disagrees and blames him, Ronan, tired of being bossed around by both Thanos and the Other, eventually snaps the Other's neck, killing him.
Powers and abilities
The Other possesses super speed, which he demonstrates while threatening Loki when he reminds him (The Other) that he doesn't have the tesseract yet. However, he doesn't seem to be as powerful as Loki, who easily subdues him in this scene with the scepter.
- Loki Laufeyson - Ally.
- Thanos - Master.
- Chitauri - Subordinates.
- Leviathans - Subordinates.
- Ronan the Accuser - Subordinate and killer
- Korath - Subordinate.
- Nebula - Subordinate
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (1 film)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (1 comic)
- Thor: The Dark World Prelude
- In the comics, "The Other" was an alias of Chthon the Elder God.
- The Other is one of few major antagonists in the Avengers universe not to be killed in their debut appearance, the others being Abomination, Loki, and Thanos.
- The first and last lines of The Avengers are both spoken by The Other.
- The Other is one of eight recurring characters to be killed in Phase 2: Other seven being Frigga, Arnim Zola, Jasper Sitwell, Carina, J.A.R.V.I.S., Wolfgang von Strucker and Quicksilver. Also, both The Other and Carina, the two recurring characters to die in Guardians of the Galaxy, are servants to another character and are not likely to be remembered by many before their death scene (except Carina was more of a slave while The Other served Thanos willingly).
- "The Tesseract has awakened. It is on a little world, a human world. They would wield its power, but our ally knows its workings as they never will. He is ready to lead, and our force, our Chitauri, will follow. The world will be his, the universe will be yours. And the humans, what can they do, but burn?"
- "Your ambition is little, born of childish need. We look beyond the Earth to greater worlds the Tesseract will unveil."
- "You will have your war, Asgardian. If you fail, if the Tesseract is kept from us, there will be no realm, no barren moon, no crevice where he can not find you. You think you know pain? He will make you long for something as sweet as pain."
- "Humans... They are not the cowering wretches we were promised. They stand. They are unruly, and therefore cannot be ruled. To challenge them is to court death."
Guardians of the Galaxy
- "Your partnership with Thanos is at risk. Thanos requires your presence! NOW!"
- "I would lower my voice, Accuser."
- "Lower your tone! I may be your..."
Guardians of the Galaxy
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Marvel Movies Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of Marvel Movies Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA Free Documentation License.|