The Mystery Shack is a tourist trap in Gravity Falls, Oregon in the show Gravity Falls. It overcharges unlucky visitors for a glimpse at the world's most bizarre museum. This museum is owned and inhabited by Grunkle Stan, and is the main base for Dipper and Mabel throughout the series. It is also their home during their vacation in Gravity Falls. Wendy Corduroy and Soos Ramirez are also employees of the Mystery Shack.
The Mystery Shack was initially the home of Stanford Pines while he was in Gravity Falls. The shack served as his research center while Stanford investigated the anomalies of the town and developed a portal underneath it when he came to believe that the anomalies were originating from an alternate dimension. However, after Stanford became trapped in the other side of the portal, his brother Stan became the new owner of the shack by assuming his identity so that he could keep the house while trying to find a way to bring the real Stanford back.
Stan eventually turned the house into a tourist attraction, the Mystery Shack, in order to create a source of income while he tried to find Stanford's two missing journals in order to learn how to properly operate the portal.
The outside of the Mystery Shack has no less than four exits. The main entrance, the porch entrance, and another small door which directly to the floor room. and the gift shop door. There's also a cellar door under the gift shop window. One side of the sloping roof has the Mystery Shack name, and the other has a small platform with a cooler that Wendy often hangs out on. The roof with the "GIFT" sign also has a weather vane that has the letter W, H, A, T, instead of the usual N, W, E, S.
Inside of the shack, the first floor has two levels, one where most of the rooms are located and a slightly lower level for the floor room.
The attic has triangular architecture. This is where Dipper and Mabel's room is.
Places of interest
- Gift shop - where all the merchandise is sold. This room is connected to a curtained doorway to the floor room/exhibit/museum. A third door leads to the living room (labeled as "Employees Only"). The fourth is a ladder that goes up to the roof. The vending machine inside the gift shop is the entrance to Ford's lab.
- Living room - where the Pines gather and watch TV. This room includes a table, a large yellow chair and a dinosaur skull. One side leads to the gift shop, the other side has a doorway to the staircase entryway.
- Kitchen - Has a kitchen table, a window, a refrigerator with a stuffed wolf head sitting on it and a an old-fashioned stove
- Storage room - Originally wallpapered over after Stan put the wax figures in it. There's a window where Wax Abraham Lincoln stood under and then melted under the sunlight.
- Parlor - Has window and a fireplace. The location of Wax Stan's memorial.
- Floor room - The exhibition is located here, showcasing weird oddities including: The Sascrotch, pterosaur, and jackalopes. Mostly multipurpose, it's also been converted to a dance floor and a hall of mirrors. There is also a bell rope that goes through the ceiling into the attic. This room has at least two exists, one small door leading directly outside and another above a short set of stairs that leads to the hallway.
- Attic - Features: a triangular window that faces the same direction as the main entrance; multiple old arcade games; the bell rope that comes through the floor from the floor room; an alcove that has a fortune telling machine as well a coffin used as a TV table; and above that another small area with a second window (this one stained glass). There are two closets, one next to the exit (which didn't appear until Little Dipper) and one in the alcove, where the Dipper Clones shut "Dipper Classic" in.
- Stan's bedroom - where Stan sleeps.
- Since "Headhunters," the "S" in "Shack" hangs off. Because of this, the sign appears to say "Mystery Hack". This refers to the fact that the exhibits in the shack are fakes.
- Soos is the 'Employee of the Month', as shown in "Double Dipper".
- The Mystery Shack's address is 618 Gopher Road. June 18 is Alex Hirsch's birthday.
- Although there's a chimney stack going through Dipper's side of the room, logically there's no chimney on the right side of the roof, near the front of the Mystery Shack.
- Nearly every episode has the same error concerning the staircase entry, in that several reoccurring backgrounds have the stairs flat against the wall without any space for the door that's past it.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Gravity Falls Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of Gravity Falls Wiki is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|