Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In spring 2015, ABC produced a short pilot presentation for the series. Bill Prady (Miss Piggy's Hollywood, The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson, The Big Bang Theory) and Bob Kushell (The Simpsons, 3rd Rock from the Sun) served as co-writers and as executive producers along with director Randall Einhorn (The Office, Survivor) and Muppeteer Bill Barretta.
On May 7, 2015, ABC officially announced that the series had been picked up for the fall 2015 television season. The show is slated to air on Tuesdays at 8PM Eastern (7PM Central) starting in the fall of 2015.
- "The Muppets” return to prime time with a contemporary, documentary-style show that, for the first time ever, will explore the Muppets’ personal lives and relationships, both at home and at work, as well as romances, break-ups, achievements, disappointments, wants and desires; a more adult Muppet show, for kids of all ages."
Bill Prady ("The Big Bang Theory") and Bob Kushell ("Anger Management") are co-writers and executive producers. Randall Einhorn and Bill Barretta are also executive producers. "The Muppets" is produced by ABC Studios and The Muppets Studio.
In spring 2015 it was first reported that ABC was developing a pilot presentation for a new television series featuring the Muppets under the working-title "Muppets 2015". Descriptions of the pilot presentation stated that "The Muppets excitedly gather at ABC for a meeting about the new Muppet Show. However, the show will not move forward unless Miss Piggy signs on." Early sources say the concept for the presentation pilot also features turmoil in Piggy and Kermit's relationship and includes plans for celebrity cameos — including Miss Piggy's current co-star and Fozzie's girlfriend and her parents. It has also been reported that the project is a "more adult Muppet show, for kids of all ages."
According to an early project description from ABC:
- "Subverting the expectations of reality TV, this mockumentary looks at the day-to-day lives of the Muppets and the mayhem that ensues as they try to get a new network series up and running. Mixing the Muppets' signature brand of nonsense with the hilarity of shows like The Comeback and Curb Your Enthusiasm, this series finally answers the question, "What happens when the Muppets go home?"
On April 2, 2015 the news broke that Randall Einhorn would direct the pilot which was written by Bill Prady and Bob Kushell. Prady had produced a similar 'mockumentary' pilot presentation with the Muppets in 2007 which was not picked up.
The pilot presentation reportedly received a standing ovation when it screened for ABC executives in May 2015.
Background Muppets (non-speaking)
Walter, penguins, Crazy Harry, Dr. Julius Strangepork, Lew Zealand, Behemoth, Pops, Beautiful Day Monster, Cynthia Rose, Thingy-Thing, Wayne and Wanda, Angel Marie, Vegetables, Robin the Frog, Beauregard, Andy and Randy Pig, Chip, Lips, The Swedish Chef
- ↑ "The Muppets TV Series News: Premiere Date and Trailer" | Den of Geek
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Variety "'The Muppets,' Comedy from 'Community' Star Ken Jeong Among ABC Orders" by Elizabeth Wagmeister, May 7, 2015 | 06:45PM PT
- ↑ Entertainment Weekly. ABC's fall schedule: 'Muppets' open Tuesdays
- ↑ Disney - ABC Press Site
- ↑ Variety - ABC Eyes ‘Muppet Show’ Reboot
- ↑ Muppets scoop: ABC revival to explore their personal lives in 'more adult' show
- ↑ ABC All Access - "Muppets" - Show Info
- ↑ @ProdWeek on Twitter. April 2, 2015
- ↑ Hollywood Reporter: 'Muppets' Revived at ABC With 'Big Bang Theory' Co-Creator
- ↑ Bob Kushell on Instagram
- ↑ Bob Kushell on Instagram
- ↑ The Muppets Revival Is Happening and Here’s the First Photo by James Hibberd and Natalie Abrams / Entertainment Weekly
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at The Muppets (TV series). The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|