The Muppet Musicians of Bremen (released on home video as Tales from MuppetLand: The Muppet Musicians of Bremen) is a 1972 television special that is an adaptation of the Grimm Brothers story Town Musicians of Bremen featuring The Muppets. Kermit the Frog hosts and narrates the special.
Leroy the Donkey, T.R. the Rooster, Rover Joe the Hound Dog and Catgut the Pussycat run away from their abusive owners Mordecai Sledge, Farmer Lardpork, Mean Floyd and Caleb Siles and become traveling musicians. At the end of the story, their owners turn out to be robbers. Rover Joe, Leroy, T.R. and Catgut chase them away and live together happily in their barn.
An audio version of the story was also released.
- Frank Oz - Leroy the Donkey (puppeteer), Rat
- Jerry Nelson - T.R. the Rooster, Rover Joe (puppeteer), Caleb Siles
- Jim Henson - Kermit the Frog, Mean Floyd, Catgut (puppeteer), Rat
- Richard Hunt - Rat, Chicken
- Faz Fazakas - Chicken
- François Klanfer - Rover Joe, Mordecai Sledge (voices)
- Jerry Juhl - Chicken (uncredited)
- Phyllis Marshall - Catgut (voice)
- Nick Nichols - Farmer Lardpork, Leroy the Donkey (voices)
Additional Muppets performed by John Lovelady and Danny Seagren.
- The Muppet Musicians Of Bremen
- Producer and Director: Jim Henson
- Book & Lyrics: Jerry Juhl
- Music: Jack Elliott
- Puppet Builders: Donald Sahlin, Bonnie Lewis, Caroly Wilcox, Kermit Love
- Muppet Performers: Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, Jim Henson, Richard Hunt, John Lovelady, Danny Seagren, Frank Fazakas
- Voice Talents: Jerry Nelson, Nick Nichols, François Klanfer, Phyllis Marshall
- Executive Producer: John G. Ross
- Associate Producer: Marilyn Stonehouse
- Muppets Associate Producer: Diana Birkenfield
- Set Designer: William Beeton
- Set Director: Stephen Finnie
- Lighting: Tom Wright
- Technical Facilities: VTR Productions, LTD.
- Technical Director: Alvin Clausen
- Audio Recording: Chris Skene
- Floor Manager: Al O'Mailley
- Script Assistant: Tessa Edward
- Special Effects: George Clark
- Camera: John Pashley, Don Eisliger, Richard Cable
- Video: Chesley Smith
- Editing: Frank Lorenoquicz and Dino Digregorio
- Stagehands: Lou Graydon and Chip Climo
- Design Services: Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
- Sound Recording: Eastern Sound Company Limited
- A R.L.P. Canada/Henson Associates Production
- Catgut, T.R. and Rover Joe later appeared as recurring characters on The Muppet Show.
- Catgut appeared in "The Rainbow Connection" finale of The Muppet Movie.
- Rover Joe appeared in The Muppets Take Manhattan where he was among the Muppets attending Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy's wedding.
- T.R. appeared in The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years.
- Leroy, T.R., Rover Joe, and Catgut appear in the "Muppet King Arthur" issues of The Muppet Show comic series.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at The Muppet Musicians of Bremen. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|