The crew members learn that a restaurant critic is coming to critique the House of Mouse and get to work making the place spick-and-span for the critic's arrival. Soon after, a limo drives up and the critic, Lumière, steps out and comes inside the House, but the crew fails to notice him. Rushing outside, they find Mortimer admiring Lumière's limo and mistake him for the critic. Taking advantage of the situation, Mortimer tells the staff that they'd better do whatever he says, saying he'll give them a bad review otherwise.
Mickey announces a Donald Duck cartoon to the audience, but Mortimer demands they instead show one of his cartoons, so they do. After Mickey's Mix-Up is shown, Mortimer continues to boss around the crew. He makes Minnie and Daisy share his booth with him until they eventually leave, and when Mortimer says he wants crab for dinner, Goofy chases Sebastian around the club in attempt to have him cooked. He also suggests they have a celebrity roast later.
As Mortimer continues insulting the guests, the staff members have a private meeting to discuss what they should do about him, but Mickey says they shouldn't do anything, lest they be given a bad review. Lumière, overhearing them, comes up to them and says he's been enjoying the show and would never give them a bad review, thus revealing to them that he, not Mortimer, is the critic. Lumière offers to help them dispose of Mortimer, and they do so by making Mortimer the subject of the celebrity roast. Mortimer gets slapped around and insulted by the other guests until Lumière burns his rear end and sending him flying outside. Mickey then shows the Donald cartoon he meant to show earlier, after which Lumière gives the club his highest recommendation.
House of Mouse review curtesy of: "Lumiére's Dining by Candlelight (2 Flames Up)"
- Goofy and Mortimer violated a club rule "no guests eating other guests" because Mortimer eats all the lobsters Goofy mentioned (as 101 crustaceans) and Mortimer thinks that he's cheating so that he doesn't have to cook anymore however, Goofy got Sebastian and started chasing him.
- Huey, Dewey and Louie are depicted in this episode with the designs they had in Quack Pack, albeit with their colors of their clothing swapped around. Huey is shown with Louie's clothes in red, Dewey with Huey's in blue, and Louie with Dewey's in green.
- In the celebrity roast Gaston, Willie the Giant and Lumiere were the only guests to join the celebrity roast.
- These where the insults the employees and Lumiere said
- Mickey = You? write a review? Ha Mortimer, You couldn't write a shopping list!
- Goofy = Hey Lady! I found the Tramp. Opps it's only Mortimer.
- Daisy = I herd Mortimer auditioned to be the 8th floor. Cheesy.
- Minnie = And here's your Dessert, Cheesy. (Minnie throws pie).
- Lumiere = Oh contraire it is you who are to be fired. (Lumiere lights him up and kicks him out of the club.)
- Lumiere is the only guest who made an insult to the celebrity roast.
- Donald and Pluto are the only backstage crew who didn't insult Mortimer. Donald was backstage at that time and Pluto didn't even appear in this episode.
- Goofy's insult can be a pun to the movie name Lady and the Tramp.
- Mortimer insults two guests Cinderella for shoes and Dumbo for his skills in flying.
- Minnie and Lumiere were the only ones who did an action and an insult during the celebrity roast.
- When Goofy said to the Magic Brooms "I want this place spotless", Goofy means no spills and messes. However, the brooms misunderstood his message and cleaned the floor and make the Dalmatian guests have no spots.
- Sebastian quotes "I thought I was going to have to kiss the grill", a reference to the song Kiss the Girl from The Little Mermaid.
- When the advertisement said Lumiere dosen't review restaurants. Lumiere is reviewing the House of Mouse.