"The Matchmaker" is an episode of Wander Over Yonder.
In the garbage compactor of Lord Hater's ship, Sylvia desperately tries to stop the walls from squishing them, while Wander finds a note to Lord Dominator that he assumes is from Hater. As the walls continue closing in, Sylvia calls out to Wander to do something. After typing a code into a keypad, the two manage to escape the garbage compactor.
Now outside of Lord Hater's ship, Wander sees the letter as an opportunity to prove Lord Hater's love for Lord Dominator, but Sylvia denies this, knowing that pairing two evil overlords in a romantic relationship could lead to chaos. Despite this, Wander vows to stop at nothing to send the letter to Lord Dominator. As Wander splits from Sylvia to deliver it, she asks herself how she could stop Wander from his "crazy plan". Right on time, a train going at breakneck speeds whooshes by her, and she grabs on. The title of the episode temporarily changes to "The Crazier Plan". Wander, hearing Sylvia's "cries for help", he runs after the train. The train stops at the station and Wander goes off to deliver the letter. Sylvia quickly goes after him, but hides when she sees Lord Dominator's bots scanning the area. Convinced that Wander will out himself to the bots just to deliver it, she drags Wander into a restaurant and the title becomes "The Lunch Break". Sylvia begins to nap after the massive meal and Wander runs off yet again. The title changes many times throughout the episode. Suddenly, a weak-looking villain named Something the So and So stops Wander. He meekly tells them of his plan to conquer the galaxy, stumbling over his words many times. Wander quickly asks him if this is really what he wants to do, and he awkwardly apologizes and walks away. Sylvia grabs a bunch of brochures and shows him all the tourist attractions, but they've already went to most of them. Then, a brochure for Ye Olde Timey Candlestick Makers pops up, and Wander is fascinated. However, he says they'll do it after he delivers the letter. Sylvia frantically tries to delay him with people in need like a lost baby or a box, which relates to previous episodes like "The Toddler" and "The Box". Wander is beginning to think that Sylvia wants to stop him, and she responds by lying about how she would never do so. She backs into the Dominator bot, and as a last resort snatches the letter from Wander.
They go into an interdimensional door. Sylvia is chased across several strange dimensions, the title changing each time they go into a new one. They crash out of the door and Wander reclaims the letter. Sylvia dejectedly tells him wants what's best for him, because they are friends. He then asks her if she trusts him. Sighing, Sylvia responds that she'll follow him in any choice he makes. They go together, and the title becomes "The Matchmakers". They start to go up to the bots, but Wander stops Sylvia halfway. He sneaks behind them and casually puts the letter in the mailbox. Sylvia collapses.
We flash to Lord Dominator's ship for an epilogue, where she tears open the letter, which is dirty, crumpled, and looks like it was written by a child. She reads it, and it just asks her whether she likes him, with a checkbox for yes and no. She confusedly asks who it's from.
- This episode uses many title cards. ("The Nap," "The Lunch Break," "The Overpriced Lunch" "The Crazier Plan," "The Surprise Villain," "The Funnest Thing Ever," "The Epic Quest," "The Toddler," "The Box," "The Nice Guy," "The Invisibles," "The Little Guys," "The Last Resort," "The Dark Ages," "The Babies," "The Kaiju," "The 8-Bit," "The Old Folks," "The ???," "The Swap," "The Wrong Characters," "The Wacky Misunderstanding," "The Matchmakers," "The End," "The Epilogue," and occasionally a repeat of "The Matchmaker")
- In these these title cards, several refer to previous episode: "The Epic Quest" (of Unfathomable Difficulty!!!), "The Toddler", "The Box" and "The Nice Guy".
- "The Interdimensional Door" may refer to the episode, "The Void".
- This is the second episode where an episode's title appears more than once ("The Liar").
- This is the first episode to have live-action elements (in this case, Wander (as a human, hat still on) chases Sylvia (also a human) with the letter during "The ???" scene).
- This is also the first time that different styles are used.
- This is another episode where the title finishes a sentence.
- Sylvia tries to stop Wander by using references to other episodes:
- The sock that was given to Destructor in "The Epic Quest of Unfathomable Difficulty!!!".
- A baby; this is similar to Wander helping Huckleberry Knucklehead, another baby, in "The Toddler".
- The box from the episode of the same name.
- A Thunder Blazz from "The Nice Guy".
- A bottle cap of the drink was seen during "The Little Guys" scene.
- The interdimensional door from "The Fugitives" is seen again.
- Sylvia mentions Old Slooshy from "The Tourist".
- Jack McBrayer as Wander
- April Winchell as Sylvia
- Noel Wells as Lord Dominator
- Sam Riegel as Something the So and So