A parody of The Maltese Falcon with Spot in the title role as detective "Pullet Marlow." Her mom, Corneila, lays a giant egg, which Dumpling sees as a threat to her winning streak at the "best big farm thing contest." Meanwhile, Lucy, showing her hatred of decibels, gets framed for stealing the egg, whereas because of the egg, Cruella has used it as an inspiration for egg-like headwear.
- The episode title is based on the Humphrey Bogart film The Maltese Falcon.
- The detective show that the Dalmatians watch has a detective who looks and acts like Bogart himself.
- The chickens describe Cornelia's egg to be the largest one in chicken history. Despite the fact that Cornelia laid a larger one in "Walk a Mile in My Tracks", and even then, Spot considers that egg to be small for her too.
- At first, when Dumpling overhears about Cornelia's big egg and makes her comment, "Who cares?" is not part of it, but when Lucky reveals this in a flashback, she does say it. He is probably misremembering.
- In this episode, Cruella is innocent and is also shown to wear her fur coat.
- Rolly is curious about the little piece of fat in the pork 'n' beans like he is in "Splishing and Splashing", though Dumpling claims it to be her uncle.
- Cadpig claims her agent's name is Sandy.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Spot as "Pullet Marlow".
- A scene from this episode is later used in "The Making of..." as one of the pilots for 101 Dalmatians: The Series.