"The Making of..." is the fifty-sixth episode of 101 Dalmatians: The Series. It aired on February 9, 1998.
In this behind the scenes episode of 101 Dalmatians: The Series, the pups along with various other characters from the show discuss what it was like filming the series and how the series came to be in existence.
- Among the various pilots they try for 101 Dalmatians: The Series, we have some set in England.
- "The Dearly Bunch" is an homage to The Brady Bunch.
- "First Bloodhound: Part Two" is a likely homage to Rambo.
- "Doggie Houser, M.D. (Medical Dog)" seems to be an homage to Doogie Howser, M.D.
- "2001 Dalmatians" is a likely homage to Space Odyssey.
- The Dalmatians also act in a Simpsons couch gag.
- Ironically too, the television scene from the animated 101 Dalmatians is one of the things that got Matt Groening, creator of The Simpsons, into animation.
- Cruella and Spot also seem to appear in an Road Runner homage, too.
- "The Cruella Show" seems to be similar to the look of David Letterman.
- Some scenes from various episodes are also use as pilots too; such as "Invasion of the Doggy Snatchers", "Howl Noon", "The Maltese Chicken", and "You Slipped a Disk" and Spot's audition is shown in "The High Price of Fame".
- One of the guests on Cruella's show is called "Maldoona". This is a possible homage to pop star Madonna.
- The one set to play Cruella (before Cruella takes the role) also appears in "The Artist Formerly Known as Spot".
- Though she doesn't have a physical appearance in 101 Dalmatians: The Series, Cruella calls Jewel's name in "The Dearly Bunch" scene.
- Lucky claims that "First Bloodhound: Part Two" is the title to one of Thunderbolt's roles in "Watch for Falling Idols".
- In "The Dearly Bunch" scene, the clapper board reads the show title as: "Dalmatians 101". This was the original title for 101 Dalmatians: The Series before they altered it.