Mickey the mail pilot is entrusted with a chest of money. He battles rain and snow, but his biggest battle is against Pete, who has a plane equipped with a machine gun and a harpoon cannon. Mickey's plane quickly loses its wings and propeller to Pete's armaments, but he improvises a helicopter blade with a clothes-drying rack, then, when that gives way, a replacement prop from a windmill. At this point, Pete harpoons him, and Mickey drags Pete through a bell tower, demolishing Pete's plane. Mickey delivers the money to Minnie and brings Pete to the authorities.
Comic strip adaptation
- Main article: The Mail Pilot (comic)
At around the same time the short was originally released, the Mickey Mouse comic strip published a storyline based on the cartoon, which ran from February 27th through June 10th.
- The Mickey Mouse Club, episode #1.40
- Good Morning, Mickey, episode #29
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #63
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Mickey's Crazy Careers (VHS)
- Mickey Mouse: The Black and White Years - Volume One (Laserdisc)
- Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Black and White (DVD)