Mickey is working as a hot dog vendor at a carnival when he meets and quickly falls for Minnie the "Shimmy Dancer". That night, Mickey and a pair of alley cats serenade her by performing the song "Sweet Adeline", much to the dismay of Kat Nipp, who is trying to sleep.
- Mickey Mouse says his first words ("Hot Dogs") in this short.
- It is composer Carl Stalling, not Walt Disney (who would normally perform Mickey's voice until 1947), who allegedly performs Mickey's first words in this film.
- The gag in this cartoon where Mickey tips the top of his head as one would a hat when he meets Minnie was cited as the inspiration for Disney artist Roy Williams to create the concept for the Mickey Mouse Ears hats that were worn on the original Mickey Mouse Club TV show and are still sold at the Disney theme parks around the world today.
- This film would mark Kat Nipp's last theatrical appearance.
- The scene to which Mickey pulls down the trousers of a misbehaved hot dog and spanks it, mirrors and exact event in the Oswald the Lucky Rabbit cartoon, All Wet.
- The short is set to be featured as one of the Game and Watch-inspired Classic Kingdom minigames in Kingdom Hearts III
|Previous Mickey Mouse short:||Next Mickey Mouse short:|
|The Barnyard Battle||Mickey's Choo-Choo|