The Hockey Champ is a Donald Duck cartoon short that was released on April 28, 1939.
Donald "The Hockey Champion of Duck Swamp" plays a game of hockey with his nephews. But his constant showing off leads to his downfall.
- Walt Disney Presents, episode #5.22: "Highway to Trouble"
- Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color, episode #8.11: "Kids is Kids"
- Good Morning, Mickey, episode #13
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #33
- The Ink and Paint Club, episode #1.34: "Donald's Nephews"
- Kids is Kids Starring Donald Duck (VHS)
- Huey, Dewey and Louie's Greatest Hits (VHS)
- Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald (DVD)
- Walt Disney's Classic Cartoon Favorites: Extreme Sports Fun (DVD)
- Mickey's Christmas Carol: 30th Anniversary Edition (Blu-Ray/DVD)
Have a Laugh! changes
The following scenes were deleted from the short release due to time constraints:
- The entire opening of Donald's elegant figure skating, a la Sonia Henie.
- Donald dodging as the hockey puck flies over his head, bounces off a tree, and hits the nephews, knocking them into the net.
- Donald lecturing the nephews on putting the puck in the net, then showing off his "Duck Swamp Champion" trophy to them.
- Donald's hockey prowess is shortened.
- Donald repeatedly hitting the puck in the net with his body.
- Donald telling the nephews, covered in snow, "You boys are awful!", and them coming out of the snow in anger.
- The nephews huddling to form a strategy before they start playing again.
- Donald's chase with the nephews is heavily shortened (it goes from him starting after them to him taking on the shape of a train engine from the snow), cutting out, among others:
- Donald crashing into a wall of ice with the nephews' reflections on it as they razz him.
- Donald and the nephews in the snow, with only their hockey sticks sticking out.
- Donald in the well.
- The nephews hitting Donald, who had accidentally swallowed the puck, so that it briefly flies out of his mouth before he accidentally swallows it again.